• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Kibler barrel accuracy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frod733

40 Cal
Reaction score
Good evening all. Pondering the purchase of a Kibler colonial. My understanding is that he is now producing his own barrels. Can anyone give me a sense of the new barrel accuracy?

I have one flint gun with a colerain barrel, and it is a great shooter. But that is my only experience with a round ball gun. So, would welcome your feedback. Thanks.

I purchased a Colonial rifle about a year and a half ago with both a 50cal and 58 cal barrels. They are the more recent Green Mountain barrel with straight cut rifling.. Both barrels were quite easy to develop loads that were quite accurate, and do not require swabbing for 20+ shot strings with my loads.
Shown; the rifle and targets shot with each barrel at 25/50 yards, 58 also at 100 yards. All groups are un-swabbed.
08BA83B1-49DA-40E0-8036-5F366E0885F1.jpeg464ECCD6-A70B-475D-ACDE-D7AD781C10A3.jpeg3DED7DDB-9124-4915-958D-F2D415BD3E70.jpegBF0773C5-29D2-4D17-9D7E-ABFD6DEABDAD.jpeg33D93298-66CF-4415-875C-63290934EC45.jpegABB52743-D191-415F-B3E2-9D868BA35832.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback. However, I am looking at results achieved with Mr. Kiblers homemade, new barrels. Thanks!

Kibler uses GM barrels. Anything .40 cal and under he rifles on his machine.
Thanks. I was looking at a video he did about rifling his barrels. I do not recall any mention of GM barrels. And he was rifling them himself. Thanks

Jim gets his barrels and barrel stock from Green Mountain. He only rifles the .36 and the .40 cal barrels himself--larger calibers come from GM already rifled. The barrels he does rifle come as round stock with the holes drilled and reamed by GM and he does the rest. He has a video showing how he rifles barrels on Youtube, "Cut rifling on Hass TL2" (I don't know how to link, sorry).

I emailed Jim a couple days ago to inquire about who makes his barrels. Katherine replied stating; .32 thru .40 cal barrels are made by Rice and .45 thru .58 cal barrels are Green Mountain barrels. Jim does the profiling himself.

I emailed Jim a couple days ago to inquire about who makes his barrels. Katherine replied stating; .32 thru .40 cal barrels are made by Rice and .45 thru .58 cal barrels are Green Mountain barrels. Jim does the profiling himself.
That was my understanding that my .36 is a swamped Rice barrel.

That is wonderful information, Thank you so much.

Im getting a rice barrle and building a bean rifle. 40 cal barrles is comeing Monday or Tuesday. In a curly curly curly maple. I need a lock

Back