• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Kentucky Rifle brings home meat!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Story, Great Ending, Great Rifle! Now fry up the tender loins and enjoy!
Regards,
Penske
Most of the meat went in the freezer. While we were butchering 3 of my helpers, my 3 older boys, were having rebellious thoughts because they were hungry!:) So my dad threw the heart, some rib cage and some neck meat on the wood grill!! Happy helpers!!

Nice buck sir. Good shooting too!What kind of stain did you use on that wood? I suppose it's walnut.
I used Laurel Mountain Forge stain. I used one layer of thier maple with multiple layers of diluted nut brown over it.

If I was to do it again I would of used diluted maple versus full strength.

Man, talk about hunting like a bowhunter! Awareness of the landscape and cover in your surroundings, a logical stalk, taking advantage of the cover you had, and adjusting your position to get a better angle and even adapting to the situation when things went wrong, to the point of even leaning to get around an obstacle in the line of sight on the fly like that...man, you need a bigger challenge! That buck didn't stand a chance. Those are some awesome clothes!

We call that around here the "Ol Cherokee sneak " hunt. Great old buck there, congrats on a great hunt. You have already one-up that hunt by sharing a hunt with you father and son. Nothing beats three generations in the woods together. Sure hope you get to drag one out for you son and dad this weekend.

Man, talk about hunting like a bowhunter! Awareness of the landscape and cover in your surroundings, a logical stalk, taking advantage of the cover you had, and adjusting your position to get a better angle and even adapting to the situation when things went wrong, to the point of even leaning to get around an obstacle in the line of sight on the fly like that...man, you need a bigger challenge! That buck didn't stand a chance. Those are some awesome clothes!
Thanks Rooster!! It was a exciting hunt!! My wife made me the shirt for Civil War reenacting when we’re we’re engaged. We haven’t re-enacted in almost 12 years. I have slowly been pulling some of my reenacting gear out to use while hunting.

We call that around here the "Ol Cherokee sneak " hunt. Great old buck there, congrats on a great hunt. You have already one-up that hunt by sharing a hunt with you father and son. Nothing beats three generations in the woods together. Sure hope you get to drag one out for you son and dad this weekend.
Yep, it’s great father still comes. He has really slowed down the last 2 years. Not sure how much longer he will keep coming. It pretty rugged out where we hunt. We will enjoy it while we can! Really hoping to drag some deer out for them!!! Our view this morning!
A1D23047-4795-4C28-B600-C2D92A207FD3.jpeg

That ain't no goofy grin, that is the smile of one happy, successful hunting fool! Love the happiness in your face showing how much you've enjoyed this experience.

Oh now I see .. congrats on the buck and good job on the rifle... Did you say you were using 3 f...777

Latest posts

Back