• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Hunter from Germany

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bavarian Hunter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all
Im from Bavaria,Germany.
I shot Blackpowder since 1996 (on targets only )
and i want to switch over to Hunt whit Blackpowder.
But in Germany we have stronger Huntinglaws as in America!
We must have a Downrange-Energie of 720ftlbs at 100meter
to hunt rowdeer. And a Downrange Energie of 1440ftlbs at100meter to hunt bigger Game!
But i want to join the hard way :thumbsup: Blacksmoke rules

Ok,i hope your understand,sometimes,when a Bavarian Hunter
Stubit ones ask you :peace:

P.S. this is one of the best Forum in the hole www.
Greets from Bavaria

Sorry for my bad english :master:

Bavarian Hunter:

Das Hallo, willkommen zu der das Diskussionsforum...

You think you have bad English, that's nothing compaired to my German...

Glad to have you, when is rowdeer season in Bavaria?

Hello Musketman
Nice to meet you

Rowdeerseason (State Law )

Buck 1.may-15.oct.
Deer 1.sept-31.jan.
smalldeer 1.may-31.jan.
Bambi[url] 1.sept-28.febr[/url].

Thats enough Time to get one (maybee) :imo:

Greets from Bavaria :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Bavarian Hunter!
Do not let your English stand in the way of asking questions or telling us about your Country or your hunts.
Your English is much better than I can do in German, or French, or Dutch or???

Based on the energy requirements you must have to hunt in your country, you may find the best answers in the In-Line section of the Forum.
I ran some quick numbers and even a .540 caliber Round Ball shot at 1950 Feet per Second will not carry enough energy at 110 yards (100M).
This does not mean you must use an In-Line rifle, but you may have to shoot a sabot+bullet combination. The In-Line folks shoot these all of the time.
I'm sure there are a lot of people who will gladly help you with your needs.

Again, Welcome to you. :)

Lieber Weidmann,
Willkommen! Hier haben Zie das beste Forum der www entdeckt. Wir werden versuchen all Ihre Fragen zu beantworten.
Wo wohnen Zie in Bayern? Ich habe in Muenchen zwei mal gewohnt, insgesamt 6 Jahre. Mein Aufenthalt dort wird immer eine schoene Erinnerung bleiben. Leider damals hatte ich keinen Jagdschein, aber in der Wohnung hatte ich einen FWB Luftgewehr, womit ich viel Spass gehabt habe.
Noch-a-moi, herzlich willkommen! Und Weidmannsheil!
Sam

So, Bavarian Hunter, what calibers or rifles meet those energy requirements? Anything we are familiar with? I was in Bavaria in 1980, found the record of my great grandfather's baptism in a church in Schmolz, nah bei Kronach. (My German ain't nich zo guht.) Willkommen.

Hello Zonie
I use a Tryon Creedmoore cal.45 whit a 450grain pur Lead Lymanmold-bullet,110grains Goex FFg or Pyrodex RS thats give a Downrange energie at 100meters of 1340ftlbs. :thumbsup: and a 5 shot group of 0,8 inch :thumbsup:
Sabots are in Germany not alowt :nono:,there is no rifling engravet in the Bullet!!! :rolleyes:
On a Rb are also no engravings of the Rifling :curse: but you can use it!!! :hmm:
Inline Rifles are not my World :peace:

Greets from Bavaria

Hello herb
First of all Blackpowder Rifles are not striktle vorbiden in Germany,but are not normal and many Hunters are very skeptik :shake:
There are maybee maximum 100 Blackpowderhunters in Germany :imo:
and we have over 3 million hunters here!
You put your smoky out,and the first what you hear is "Whats that? :shocking:Its regular? :shocking:Can you hit anything far of 20meters? :shocking:Can you make a clean kill whit that Waterpipe? :shocking:
Have it enough Power by Law? :shocking:"
And the best what you can hear is "We use modern Guns and we can SAVE Kill all what we Hit :crackup:"
Ok whit a modern rifle i can shot 200meter,300meters and more BUT,thats in my opinion is not Hunting,THAT IS SNIPING!!! Sorry for screaming
I shoot modern Guns too,but whit the modern Guns i not shot over 150meters max.And most of times the Deers im shot beetween 40-80meters :thumbsup:
And i use my Tryon creedmoore :thumbsup:

Waidmannsheil
p.s.
I think we are in the wrong tread,this one is for Welcome
lol
Or is this alowt here?

BavarianHunter,
glad to have you with us! looking forward to hearing about your historical country. lots of info to be had here about this country! welcome !!! hope to here from you often! stay active! don't worry about your english.
:) :) :) I am snake-eyes :relax: :RO:

BH,
Glad to have you on board! I was in Germany for a couple of years, one year in Heilbronn, and one year in Ludwigsburg (just north of Stuttgart). I wasn't able to do any hunting while I was there, though. Are you able to do any small game hunting with muzzleloaders?

BH...welcome from a fellow German! Altho my family immigrated to the US in the 1870's I'm still mostly German. We came from the Westphalia area and were farmers. That's about all I know. This is a great site and I'm sure we all are anxious to know more about hunting and black powder shooting in Germany, I know I am! This is a great site with an incredible amount of knowledge available. Again, welcome.

Vic

Latest posts

Back