• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Hoosier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnoldshea2

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here but not new to shooting. I was introduced to muzzleloaders by my great uncle and old issues of Muzzle Blast as a kid. Before i could learn much and actually get out and ahoot with him he died. Many, years later i bought some used old CVA kit Kentucky rifles...and savagely made errors but was able to learn alot from my mistakes, though was successfully able to harvest a deer and learn aboutmakinga good load for my gun. Im in the process of repairing my CVAs and have a pedersoli rolling block on the way. I look forward to learning from your organization and gaining skills to make a few rifles of my own. I would love to do a postal match and hope to make it to the shoot at Freedom, IN this year.

There are a number of clubs in Indiana that shoot on a monthly basis. If you join the NMLRA their magazine will list contact information and locations. Welcome to the club.

Thank you all. Everything I've seen so far is pretty amazing. Lots of knowledge to learn from and I hope I can contribute as well.
-Shea

There are a number of clubs in Indiana that shoot on a monthly basis. If you join the NMLRA their magazine will list contact information and locations. Welcome to the club.
Unfortunately I usually work 6 days a week and have a very unpredictable schedule. I'd love to join a club, i live in West Central Indiana; but may not be possible right now. Postal matches may be a better option for me right now, and i have a buddy at work that shoots ML as well. I will definitely be telling him about this site and forum.
-Shea

Unfortunately I usually work 6 days a week and have a very unpredictable schedule. I'd love to join a club, i live in West Central Indiana; but may not be possible right now. Postal matches may be a better option for me right now, and i have a buddy at work that shoots ML as well. I will definitely be telling him about this site and forum.
-Shea

Most clubs don't require attendance. They'll be quite glad to see you if your schedule and theirs happens to work out. If you can, just drop in.

Hi, I'm new here but not new to shooting. I was introduced to muzzleloaders by my great uncle and old issues of Muzzle Blast as a kid. Before i could learn much and actually get out and ahoot with him he died. Many, years later i bought some used old CVA kit Kentucky rifles...and savagely made errors but was able to learn alot from my mistakes, though was successfully able to harvest a deer and learn aboutmakinga good load for my gun. Im in the process of repairing my CVAs and have a pedersoli rolling block on the way. I look forward to learning from your organization and gaining skills to make a few rifles of my own. I would love to do a postal match and hope to make it to the shoot at Freedom, IN this year.
Very much interested in the Rolling Block. Do report back on it once you have had a chance to try it out!! Thanks in advance.

Very much interested in the Rolling Block. Do report back on it once you have had a chance to try it out!! Thanks in advance.
Because it is an inline muzzeloader am i allowed to talk about it on here? If not I would gladly personal message you. I like traditional sidelocks but i figured a interesting inline was needed in my arsenal.
-Shea

Back