• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Guy - Nashville TN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdbama80

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’ve been learning from this site for several months now. There is so much great info here. I just started getting into BP. My wife’s grandfather was a VP of the Tennessee Gun Collectors back in the late 60’s and she inherited a lot of his old black powder gear. He had two rifles that have been sitting unfinished for the last 40 years (he passed in 1980). Mr. Jack Garner of Tennessee Valley Manufacturing is finishing them for me now.

I’m also doing research and trying to figure out how to get a custom Civil War error rifle built. I’m from a small town in North Alabama where the Shakanoosa Arms Company was originally located. There are no known rifles that exist but they later rebranded to the Dickson and Nelson Co and there are only three known rifles that exist from there. Below is a link to one of the rifles that exist. I’be contacted Lodgewood to see if they can help me get a reproduction or refarb. Any help would be appreciated.

https://oldsouthantiques.com/cgi-bin/Display_Item.asp?427

Welcome from Guntersville, Alabama. I'm also new to the BP world. Call Jim Parker at Calvary Longrifles in Warrior, Alabama.

Welcome! You are in the Deep South Region of the North-South Skirmish Association!

Here is the region's web site: Home

All of our shoots but one are at Brierfield Ironworks State Park just south of Birmingham, Alabama. There is one shoot in November in Eva, Tennessee. Our next shoot is at Brierfield August 26-28. You should come down and see us!

All teams desperately need new shooters. You only need one gun to participate.

Welcome! I lived in Lebanon for 27 years. Not too bad a town, close to Nashville, but none of the high Davidson County property taxes. I met Charlie Daniels once at a recording studio. A real down to earth guy! We drank a beers and talked for a while.

Back