• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"new" guy from PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tddeangelo

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been on here a little while, mostly reading, but figured I'd should at least say "hi" and introduce myself. :)

I'm from southeast PA, lifelong hunter and shooter, and recently getting deeper into flintlocks than just enough to extend my hunting season.

I acquired my first custom rifle earlier this month, and have been having a ball shooting it! :)

Good luck to my fellow PA hunters on Friday! :grin:

I guess I get to be first to say "Welcome!"

I understand you are new to posting here, but acquiring a custom rifle requires at least a description of your new companion, if not a photograph of her. Please rectify this oversight at your convenience. :wink:

Many of us got into muzzleloading as a means of extending our hunting season...But, eventually, the lure of the mechanism calls.

I, too, wish you well on Friday.

Grumpa
in Westsylvania

Fair enough. :)

I'll post pics at some point, but the short version is My rifle has a 46" swamped 62-cal barrel, and is based on the Schreit rifle (early Reading rifle). I'm a Berks County PA native and felt drawn to something from the area where I've been born and raised.

Where Youns been all this time ..?? LOL Welcome Aboard ...GO PATRIOTS !!!!! Are Youns (Steelers) planning a trip to Foxboro soon ??? We will be waiting !!!!

Yeah, philly side of the state, so you'll hear "you's" around here. Where I'm at sort of straddles the line between Eagles and Steelers territory. And I don't really watch football, so I don't care either way on those two. Lol.

I spend my time between work and family and squeeze in hunting and shootin when and where possible. :)

Welcome to the forum! It's a great place to hang out. I can't get out with my flintlock until 1/3/15. Everyone stay safe and shoot straight.

Rick

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to the institution! :haha: Good caliber choice, by the way...I consider it the best all round in smooth bore. Perhaps you can get the maker to fix up a smooth bored barrel to fit it as well...best of all worlds! :wink:

I guess....I have my mind fixed on a 36-cal Lehigh or Bucks schimmel lately, though....

I guess if I'm going to post pics of the rifle, I should do so in the flintlock rifles area and not here, huh? ;)

I would agree - that's what I always said. The
"yinz" spelling has won out, but they're both close in pronunciation - Pittsburgh pronunciation, that is!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, :hatsoff:

Grumpa

Back