• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New guy from Michigan...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much to say (yet) but figured I’d get a test post in.
Decades of cartridge gun experience but brand new to muzzle loading. Doing all my reading and research prior to a purchase of a flintlock rifle
Welcome to the fire. If you are in the Lansing area you are invited to our Rendezvous this weekend. I am a member of the Lansing Muzzle Loading Gun Club and we are having our annual rendezvous this weekend at our club. Come on out and see what is going on, look at and handle (and probably get to shoot) a variety of guns to help you with your decision. More info here:

https://www.facebook.com/LansingMuzzleLoadingGunClub

Thank you very much for the invite.
Used to work in the Lansing area (and grew up there in Okemos to be exact) but since retirement have moved south to the state line so I’m about 120 miles away. Should have joined this place last week. With a little more notice the trip is certainly doable.

And thank you much for the welcome. Kind of old home day here!
Spent two years in Maine with the USMC back in the day.
Just need North Carolina now and I’ll feel right at home.

Not much to say (yet) but figured I’d get a test post in.
Decades of cartridge gun experience but brand new to muzzle loading. Doing all my reading and research prior to a purchase of a flintlock rifle
Don’t know where you are located in Michigan but Kenokee Trading Post is worth the drive. They’re are a small black powder gun store that typically has an awesome selection and the owners Anson and Judy are very knowledgeable. And welcome

Welcome from S.E. Michigan. The best (toughest, strongest when one errs in loading) barrels are from Spain or Italy. Most of those from the US are made of screw stock for ease of machining, at a sacrifice of toughness.
Flint locks are best from USA.

Back