• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New guy Chesterfield, VA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jclarson

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post. Very green to muzzleloading. I’ve been getting interested in cowboy action shooting and cap and ball revolvers. I’ve muzzleloaded deer hunting, but honestly prefer a Remington 700 30-06. Looking/researching for my first revolver and mostly interested in target shooting and just the art that goes into it. Any advice, recommendations? I’d be interested. If anyone is local to me, let me know if I can join a range session to pick up some tips and tricks. Glad to find this group, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard. The handgun section is one of the more lively areas of the forum and you'll find lots of info and discussion on C&B revolvers there. I believe there are several members that are into cowboy action shooting.

Check the firearms for sale forum for a line on a revolver. Times are kind of tough right now as far as what is available out there, what with most of the reproduction revolvers coming from Italy and the situation with Covid, but they come floating through that sub forum pretty regularly.

Make sure to ask that question about suggestions on revolvers in the handgun section and I am sure you'll get plenty of advice.:)

Hey guys, first post. Very green to muzzleloading. I’ve been getting interested in cowboy action shooting and cap and ball revolvers. I’ve muzzleloaded deer hunting, but honestly prefer a Remington 700 30-06. Looking/researching for my first revolver and mostly interested in target shooting and just the art that goes into it. Any advice, recommendations? I’d be interested. If anyone is local to me, let me know if I can join a range session to pick up some tips and tricks. Glad to find this group, thanks!
It is summer and Rendezvous season is here. Go to the computer and search Rendezvous, mountain man rendezvous, etc. There will be shooting by a lot of men and women that know their stuff when it comes to black powder shooting.

And welcome to the group.

Back