• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

'New' Goex availability?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boom Stick

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Just read the "Goex is a Go!" thread and unfortunately is has been closed so I cannot ask a question there.

Not sure if I missed the information as a certain individual de-railed the thread and then nuked the train ..... :doh:, Was there a date mentioned as to when new powder will begin shipping from the new owners / facilities? Would like to mark my calendar to start looking at the distributer's websites in order to pick up a case.

This news just made my year, thanks to everyone for getting it out to lift our spirits!

From what I have read, there needs to be some work done at the factory, then (re)hiring and training. Then production and shipping to distributors. So I would think Hawkeye's statement is a good estimate. The good thing is that the new owner representative seems dedicated to keeping our community in the loop.

Same here hanshi.

Thank you for the info hawkeye2, I figured the same but was just checking.

Just read the "Goex is a Go!" thread and unfortunately is has been closed so I cannot ask a question there.

Not sure if I missed the information as a certain individual de-railed the thread and then nuked the train ..... :doh:, Was there a date mentioned as to when new powder will begin shipping from the new owners / facilities? Would like to mark my calendar to start looking at the distributer's websites in order to pick up a case.

This news just made my year, thanks to everyone for getting it out to lift our spirits!
I don't think they'd know just yet; only just now bought the company. Will take time to work out the particulars.

IMHO 2023 is very, very optimistic.

1. Knowing Hodgdon I doubt they did anything with what was left of the plant after the explosion/fire. In fact now that they own Blackhorn I'm amazed they didn't raze everything to the ground in an effort to push the entire muzzleloading community toward their BP substitutes. It will probably take Estes all of this year just to put the pieces of the plant back together.

2. Regulations. Hazmat, Environmental, Employment. They're effectively a brand new startup company, with a theoretically inexperienced labor force, making an explosive that is known to be dangerous to manufacture in this current political and Homeland Security environment. The hoops they're going to jump through are not only constantly moving but on fire.

3. We're not the biggest users of black powder. The folks buying it by the ton are going to have their orders fulfilled long before Estes starts filling 1 pound cans and bottles of 2 and 3f.

I'm thinking it'll be 2024 or later before we see a steady supply of Goex powder, if we ever do.

Yes, but...
-Wano is now making Grafs "house brand" powder and it's in stock
-Schuetzen is plugging the holes that Goex left

Yes, but...
-Wano is now making Grafs "house brand" powder and it's in stock
-Schuetzen is plugging the holes that Goex left

Thankfully so, otherwise the guys with rocks in their locks would be screwed.

FWIW I'm just getting back into muzzleloading after a 20+ year hiatus. I haven't bought any Goex powder since the Hodgdon's bought them and I'm now down to my last pound of elephant 2f!

Knowing what I know about the Hodgdon's I was surprised that Goex lasted this long under their ownership. I fully believed they bought the plant to shutter it, followed by a push to ban importation of black powder in order to have the lion's share of the BP substitute market, like they have on smokeless. Suffice it to say that while I use several Hodgdon powders for smokeless reloading I'm not a fan of the management.

Back