• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New from the Sierra Foothills. Wordy.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome friend, from Nevada.
I was born and raised in the foothills of Mt Wilson. Left the state two going into three years ago, no interest in going back.
Our shooting here is paused until California can get their fires under control, or at least take their smoke back so we can see down range again!

I'm in my early 70s, having 7 years ago moved from the San Francisco Bay area to the Sierra Foothills. I live at the 2000 ft level in the midst of thick tinder dry forests. In 2017 we had far too much water, but now we have this prolonged drought. Scary. I have a small house on two acres near the end of a narrow dirt road. I have neighbors but we can't see each other, so I asked to sheriff to pay me a visit and talk about shooting on my property. He came and he was very nice, and he told me that lots of people move up here just because they're allowed to shoot on their property. A couple of my neighbors think guns are satanic, so I keep my shooting to a minimum. There's a hillside here that serves as a safe backstop. Happy to have found this forum!
I'm in my early 70s, having 7 years ago moved from the San Francisco Bay area to the Sierra Foothills. I live at the 2000 ft level in the midst of thick tinder dry forests. In 2017 we had far too much water, but now we have this prolonged drought. Scary. I have a small house on two acres near the end of a narrow dirt road. I have neighbors but we can't see each other, so I asked to sheriff to pay me a visit and talk about shooting on my property. He came and he was very nice, and he told me that lots of people move up here just because they're allowed to shoot on their property. A couple of my neighbors think guns are satanic, so I keep my shooting to a minimum. There's a hillside here that serves as a safe backstop. Happy to have found this forum!

Welcome to the forum, I to live in Northern CA I do most my shooting at Dillon range in Lincoln. My neighbors would not be to happy if I were to shoot in my backyard 😂

Howdy from Flagstaff AZ at 7K feet. Just got enough moisture to reopen the woods so I be shootin again soon. This will be the 1st time in 48 years I didnt draw a black powder deer tag. I am full of spite now for the new fangled boys with scopes n bolts n such!

I have a modest camp with 10 acres mostly surrounded by state forest, with a few close neighbors. I am an avid shooter. AVID. That said, we go to our camp for peace and quiet, as I know my neighbors do. Also, as I do spend alot of time hunting my land and surrounding lands, I tend not to want to disturb them much.
For sixty bucks a year, I go to my local range for sessions. Better facilities, easier to shoot...actually more convenient. If I need to touch off a round, it is safe to do so, but a none of the landowners in my camps area have large tracts of land, and are all of similar mindset...very pro gun and hunting but are also happier to do our shooting elsewhere. Zero fire hazard from shooting here (upstate NY....currently swimming in our yards!).

Another Welcome from 5500 feet here in the Arizona High Desert. Dry as a popcorn fart and just as flammable, but we're mostly gun types in Prescott, known as "Gun Town" around the state. I too fled California as they closed my gunsmithing business with writ and rezoning.
I miss the beach and the mountains at times, but not enough to think about returning, ever.

Welcome, from East Texas. Enjoy the forum, and good luck in California.

Welcome from 1,800 ft in NY.

ALL of my neighbors shoot except one family on our road - of course my "next door" neighbors. But they don't complain.

I have told folks our Neighborhood Watch is through cross-hairs.

Latest posts

Back