• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsmantx

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, I recently found this forum. I have an interest in fine Muzzle Loaders, but not a shooter yet. Recently retired and hope to take up shooting ML's in the future. I do a little gun trading and attend a lot of estate sales. Pedersoli's cross my path often and very recently a couple of GRRW Hawkins.

Welcome from The Woodlands!
Where in Texas might you be? You could be 800 miles away and still in the State!
There's a whole bunch of info available here, just for the asking.
Ask before you spend money, and you'll be a lot happier.
You say you're interested in fine muzzleloaders. There are builders here that can make you what you want. But first, you have to figure out just what you want.
Ever hear of a rabbit hole?
You're fixing to fall into one, but there's a bunch of us down here already, so, again, Welcome!

Welcome from U[state NY.

There is a town in Texas named fror a NY ancestor who never visited Texas. "Pearsal, TX" is named for a remote ancestor who was a railroad exec.
I spent several hours in Pearsal when a prison bus I was driving broke down. Hometown of George Strait.

Any one from Texas is welcome! It looks like Texas is the only state in the union that has any sense, well, may be Florida.

Welcome from U[state NY.

There is a town in Texas named fror a NY ancestor who never visited Texas. "Pearsal, TX" is named for a remote ancestor who was a railroad exec.
Stumpkiller
Interesting, I have heard of Pearsal but never visited. Who would have guessed a town in TX with a name associated from someone from NY.

Welcome from The Woodlands!
Where in Texas might you be? You could be 800 miles away and still in the State!
There's a whole bunch of info available here, just for the asking.
Ask before you spend money, and you'll be a lot happier.
You say you're interested in fine muzzleloaders. There are builders here that can make you what you want. But first, you have to figure out just what you want.
Ever hear of a rabbit hole?
You're fixing to fall into one, but there's a bunch of us down here already, so, again, Welcome!
Brazos,
Thank you for the welcome. 800 miles Ia about right! I live in the top of the Texas Panhandle. I shot a few muzzle loaders as a teenager and have shot cartridge firearms my whole life. With more time on my hands, I will take up ML shooting again. As a beginner, I will start out shooting anything and as more experienced is gained I will figure out what I want. I recently acquired 2 GRRW half-stock Hawkin rifles. They are beautiful and the craftmanship appears outstanding. I'm surprised at the weight: 12 pounds. Those are little heavy for me. I have had quite a few Perdersoli's pass through my hands. I have 3 10 gauge SXS's on hand right now and a Baker Cavalry SXS.

Welcome from U[state NY.

There is a town in Texas named fror a NY ancestor who never visited Texas. "Pearsall, TX" is named for a remote ancestor who was a railroad exec.
Pearsall, just down the road from me, south of the San Antonio Metro area. Nice and guiet, great people, but then most of us are down here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back