• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longcolt

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, I’m a new forum member living in the Columbus area; I hunted black powder with my dad as a boy In Indiana growing up and it was always my favorite season, first muzzle loader was a 90$ cva bobcat, used it until my grandpa got too sick to hunt and he gave me his left handed TC New Englander, I hope to lurk and learn a lot from everyone’s experiences, and someday learn enough to confidently purchase a left handed flint lock, thanks

Hello, I’m a new forum member living in the Columbus area; I hunted black powder with my dad as a boy In Indiana growing up and it was always my favorite season, first muzzle loader was a 90$ cva bobcat, used it until my grandpa got too sick to hunt and he gave me his left handed TC New Englander, I hope to lurk and learn a lot from everyone’s experiences, and someday learn enough to confidently purchase a left handed flint lock, thanks
I'm just a little ways south of you. If you are interested in flint locks I can help you out. Trying to get dad to order a lefty though he doesn't seem to have much trouble shooting the right handed ones..... This forum is a treasure trove. Welcome from Ross county.

I'm just a little ways south of you. If you are interested in flint locks I can help you out. Trying to get dad to order a lefty though he doesn't seem to have much trouble shooting the right handed ones..... This forum is a treasure trove. Welcome from Ross county.
I work in Ross county, I make the drive down 104 every day, I have scouted out a little of Pleasent Valley wildlife area and hunted black powder there last year, but didn’t see anything. Where do you shoot Deer Creek DNR range?

Welcome from Tippecanoe, Ohio
Alice 1885, seeing your post brings back alot of memories. I've hunted harrison county for 40 plus years and would take 250 and go through Stillwater then tippecanoe to route 799 and had some private property to hunt on. A elderly woman who lived in Moorefield gave me and my friends permission to hunt her property on ELK RUN ROAD.

I work in Ross county, I make the drive down 104 every day, I have scouted out a little of Pleasent Valley wildlife area and hunted black powder there last year, but didn’t see anything. Where do you shoot Deer Creek DNR range?
Usually out at dads. Never actually went to a range. I live about 5 minutes from pleasant valley wildlife area. Haven't really hunted there much for a while other than some coyotes. I'm fairly close to the airport but Dad lives in the hills above massieville.

Back