• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New From New York

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in Western NY and am involved in 4H Shooting Sports. I just ran an intro to muzzleloading class last week for the Erie/Niagara county 4H Rifle Club. I am also certified in archery and usually teach that for Niagara county. Welcome aboard.
That is great, I love meeting other 4-H folks! I hope your class went well. We are struggling a little bit to make our SS classes go with our COVID guidelines, but I hope to have something soon. Archery is up and running, but a lot of my firearms instructors don’t want to lead classes/clubs for a variety of reasons.
Who is your staff educator over there, I can’t remember...

Welcome. I am in Schoharie County. The name rings a bell. Any relation to Lyndall?
No Lyndall’s in my family tree that I know of. We don’t have any family in New York that I know of either.

My band has played the Sunshine Fair once or twice, and we usually give a gig or two at the Meadobrook in Glen if you’re familiar.

Old Saratoga Muzzleloading club is down the road from the national cemetery.
The N-ssa is holding a shoot there in mid Oct. check their sight for the weekend.
I've got a few volunteers who are members, and a few volunteers and 4-H'ers who are re-enactors. I'll have to make it over to the club sometime. I know where it's at, but have never been to visit. The Schuylerville area is beautiful, and the history is great.

Welcome. I’m new here as well. My family had hunting camps in Lake George, and later two in the Saranac Lake area. One on the lake and one on the river. North country I’ve lived in the mountains of southern West Virginia for over 40 years . Great group here.

Load the bullet tight down on the ball, in that there T/C.

An air space between powder and ball sometimes makes very, very high pressures just at that ball..

Back