• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from Houston, TX area

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis186

Full of mostly useless esoteric knowledge
Reaction score
Hello all, new here, just wanted to introduce myself. I put up the front stuffers years ago, but getting back into BPCR and competitively renewed my interest in traditional muzzleloaders both shooting them and hunting, and that's how I found my way here. Have a few flintlocks and I'm always looking to add to the collection. I'm more of a lurker than a poster.

-Travis

Thanks of the warm welcome. Here are my two flinters, and I've got a Kibler colonial rifle in 58 cal on the way that should be here in the next week or so. The lock on the short 54 trade gun in the bottom pic is going back to L&R for a tune up. Frizzen is tweaked (looks like it got twisted somehow) and not sparking well, but it's lightning fast when it does go off.
IMG_5560.jpeg
IMG_5491.jpeg

Well hey there Travis.
Welcome to the forum. Warts and all it's the best muzzleloading place on the interseine.

We lived over in Liberty County for twenty years. A thousand miles north these days.

Howdy, Travis,
Welcome from up in The Woodlands.
I gave you a Like, to get you on your way to winning the Cadillac. Whoever has the most Likes wins it, but I don't know how many you need. Nobody has won it, yet. ;)
Where do you shoot your flinters? I want to plink at cans and things, but ranges don't offer that kind of freedom.
Have you shot BPCR at THSS in Columbus? I've been cowboy shooting out there for 25 years or so. Great bunch of folks, and the best cowboy town around.
I wish you good shooting, and maybe we'll meet up some day.
Brazos John

Howdy, Travis,
Welcome from up in The Woodlands.
I gave you a Like, to get you on your way to winning the Cadillac. Whoever has the most Likes wins it, but I don't know how many you need. Nobody has won it, yet. ;)
Where do you shoot your flinters? I want to plink at cans and things, but ranges don't offer that kind of freedom.
Have you shot BPCR at THSS in Columbus? I've been cowboy shooting out there for 25 years or so. Great bunch of folks, and the best cowboy town around.
I wish you good shooting, and maybe we'll meet up some day.
Brazos John
Is it a slick black cadillac with solid gold hub caps? The kind that makes you feel like a king? If so I'll need a bunch of likes, because I definitely want to win it!

I shoot my flinters out at PSC Shooting Club in Friendswood. I've been a member out there (twice) for about 10 or 11 years. We don't have a range where we can shoot tin cans with rifles, but one of our rifle ranges does have steel to shoot at 50-300 yards. We do have whats called a tin can alley for rimfire and centerfire handguns how ever. It's a great club, and I'd recommend trying to join if membership opens back up.

That is actually where I shoot silhouette, with Yaupon Creek at Brune Ranch. I get a kick out listening to you fellas shoot CAS over there. We have our club championship in October, and have a big bore match coming up this weekend although I won't be able to attend. If you have the appropriate hardware you should come shoot with us sometime. We have a great time, and it's never NOT challenging with typical Texas variable winds. You'll be countin and cursing chickens and turkeys in your sleep I guarantee it.

Attachments

• IMG_5081.jpeg
    IMG_5081.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 186468872_10226495539556030_8907741138218369526_n.jpg
    186468872_10226495539556030_8907741138218369526_n.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 45
Yes, that cross-breeze that runs through that valley drifted my 45-70 enough that I looked like a pilgrim. I was, but I didn't want to look like one!
I'll try to come over to the hill (that's what we call it) after our October shoot on the 3rd Sunday. I'll look you up, if y'all are shooting then.
In your photos, I couldn't see the buffalo, unless it's that dark mass above the truck path. It's life-sized, but sure looks small from the firing line. It used to be painted white, which helped to see it. Never did hit it.
I like the muzzle blast in the 2nd photo!
Herman Brune has lots of deer on the ranch. If you're interested, talk to him about hunting there. He has an elevated party room / blind back on the property, approaching the Colorado River, where I've seen a whole long line of deer coming out of the woods to graze in the pastures near dusk. Herman is a real cowboy, friendly as all get-out, and fun to talk to. I hope to run into you out there.
Brazos

Back