• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New From Arizona

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the day you joined and posted (sunday), we were shooting the monthly muzzle loader shoot at Rio Salado Sportsman's Club – The East Valley's Premier Outdoor Shooting Range in Mesa.
see BlackPowder Division – Rio Salado Sportsman's Club
There was one shooter there from Payson.

I think there is a ML club in or near Payson.... Mazatzal Mountain or something like that. perhaps in Rye? I don't see anything listed on the Tonto Rim club website.

I've been away from Muzzleloaders for 30+ years just getting back into it, I haven't found out about other clubs, or any shooting at Ben Avery yet....

shoot good.

Poole

Just make sure you drive the speed limit thru Star Valley :)

Unfortunately my job at the ammo factory here in Payson has been taking up my Saturdays for some time. However the plant is closing at the end of this month so I'm about to have allot more free time, at least for a bit.

The Mazatzal Muzzle Loaders do seem to be pretty local. Hopefully I can make it to their shoot in May. If not I'll try again to fast down to Rio Salado. There is also some sort of reenactment thing this weekend at Fort Verde. I'm down to my last pound of blackpowder at this point (aside from my priming powder) so I am looking for a source.

As for Star Valley the state made them raise the speed limit and remove the speed camera so it's just like driving through Payson now.

Greetings From Arizona. I am getting back into shooting cap and ball after a 10 year hiatus. I also have a matchlock musket I got a few years ago for reenacting. Sadly since moving to Arizona in late 2019 I have been unable to hook up with any renisance era groups due to Covid shutting everything like that down for a while, but I am hopeful for later this year and next year. I am looking forwards to learning allot here. Thanks.
Welcome from the woods..

Latest posts

Back