• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Englander

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is good at jug choking,always wanted to send my NE 12 ga. out to get it done.
A quality gunsmith that knows his/her stuff that has machine shop equipment can do this task.
They should be close enough that you can oversee the job and verify they can do the job without making a mess of your barrel.
If you don't have the information available to you, message me and <i will walk you through it.
It is not complicated with a single barrel, but much more so with a double.
Fred

Like those guns. Probably the best value for dollar T/C ever made.

Ignition issues with T7 in any traditional muzzle-loader is kinda par for the course. I generally keep the loads light and drop about seven grains of actual black powder down the bore first before adding the main charge of T7. Preserves my dwindling supply of Old Eynsford.

An absolute add on for any New Englander is a 12 ga. barrel, with that you have a good turkey gun or deer gun where only shotguns are allowed.
Also a great addition is a .54 barrel.
As I previously mentioned in another post with the 12 ga. barrel and the .50 or .54 rifled barrel, one has the greatest combination for most any use possible.
They are amazing guns. If taken care of, they will only grow in value and desire.
Although they are not traditional in design, they are beautiful in a modern sense.
They are keepers for any true gun collector.
I have a follow up question about the 12 ga. Someone gave me a bag of 0.25” steel balls used with sling shots. Would it be possible to load/shoot on the 12 ga without damaging the barrel?

Back