• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New England Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry all this is basically a bragging post but I am so excited that I need to tell my forum friends :) After about 4 months, and two weeks of thinking it was lost in the mail, my New England styled fowler is slated to arrive Saturday. The builder is a fellow member here, and I could not complement the hard work he performed more. He is a wonderful fellow, and his work is beautiful. I don't know if he wants me to identify him, so I won't name him, but if he does, he will surely see this post. The gun is MORE than what I wanted. It is perfectly what I envisioned in everyway. I live in Connecticut, and it is based upon a gun that could have been made up the CT river valley in Mass. I plan on putting the fear into every squirrel, deer, and rabbit within 100 miles with this thing, and eventually some southern feral hogs. I will be sure to post pictures when I get it! It is a 43 inch barreled, 24 gauge/58 caliber. I have never had a gun made for me from scratch, and it is a real special and exciting prospect. Thanks for humoring me ya'll! Here is one of the pictures I already have...

Attachments

• NE Fowler.jpg
    NE Fowler.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Beautiful. Looking forward to more pictures. Did I read it right that it was lost in the mail for 4 months and 2 weeks or am I misunderstanding your post??

Dave

update, the mail doesn't know exactly where it is. Fingers crossed. I never hold back on my disdain for the postal service but I have a hard time believing that they lost a 15 pound package that is about the length of me. Them breaking things is one thing, but loosing a wooden cargo box that could fit a rocket launcher is another. The forum member put a lot of hardwork and sweat into it, and to say I am excited is an understatement. I will live with the results like a big boy, but I am hoping and crossing my fingers.

Like I said, its entirely possible that this thing is lost, but it is big enough to fit a corpse. I will hold out with hope for a bit. If the flintlock gods decide to entrust this New England fowler to a dumb New England college student, I will be entirely grateful. The builder has been awesome throughout this whole nightmare. To say I am excited for this gun is such an understatement, but I would also hate to see his hardwork done in vain.

Very nice. Congratulations. Let me know when you want to go for a period squirrel hunt. If we go across the river from you I know a place we might get a pheasant or 2 as well. And be able to scout for muzzleloader deer season.

I'm hopeful and optimistic your package will arrive. The postal service has its problems, but I've had far better service from them than from FedEx.

Very nice. Congratulations. Let me know when you want to go for a period squirrel hunt. If we go across the river from you I know a place we might get a pheasant or 2 as well. And be able to scout for muzzleloader deer season.

I'm hopeful and optimistic your package will arrive. The postal service has its problems, but I've had far better service from them than from FedEx.
I would LOVE to hunt with ya! We can put the hurtin on some tree varmits.

Latest posts

Back