• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New EMF 1851 Pepperbox

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about that statement on reliability. Accurate they weren't!

Here's an example of a real pocket pistol!

pepperbox.jpg

I Love it! Volley Gun cut down?
Seems they beat the 16 shot repeater by a century or more. My SR9 just barely holds more :rotf:

The basis for EMF's "1851 Pepperbox" was a handgun found by Herb Houze (the Colt/ Winchester authority) in Canada in the 1970s, and was then owned by a collector named Jimmy Fielder. It was made by attaching a barrel cluster of the Blunt & Syms type, about five inches long, to the frame of a Colt M1860 Army. Its present location is unknown, but there are other handguns of this kind in existence. One such gun, a double-action percussion Bentley, with a revolver-style frame and a typical pepperbox barrel cluster, is shown on Plate 11 of W. C. Dowell's "The Webley Story" and undoubtedly there are (or were) others out there as well.

LouG.

Now THAT's what I call a 'reference'. I see the 'family resemblance' to the EMF thing now. Good research work. :bow: Here it is as a jpg photo...

Latest posts

Back