• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New double .50 cal. pistol from Pedersoli seen at Shot Show

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want one too. How much did you say they were going to sell for?

What is with the thing on the bottom of the grip? :confused:

Frost

Frost said:
What is with the thing on the bottom of the grip? :confused:

That's for konking the lion on the head if 2 shots didn't keep him out of your howdah! :rotf:

Plink said:
That's for konking the lion on the head if 2 shots didn't keep him out of your howdah! :rotf:

I'm pretty sure that if a lion didn't notice the two shots, konking him on the head won't be of much use. I think I like the volume control option a little more.

Frost

I contacted the marketing rep at Dixie. she hadn't heard about them but checked with the management and then e-mailed a confirmation of all the information in the original posts. Be interesting to see how they work out.

ok :)

Just got email from Mr Beauchamp.

DEAR ED:
I DO NOT KNOW MUCH YET ABOUT THEM,DELVERY ETC.
I DO HAVE THE COST.
S.358-20GA HOWDAH HUNTER PISTOL SHOTGUN $595.00 + S & H.
S.358-50CAL HOWDAH HUNTER PISTIL $650.00.
S.359-50+20GA HOWDAH HUNTER COMBO PISTOL 50X20GA $635.00.
THEY ARE FINISHED GUNS NOT KITS.

RICHARD

Just about what I tought on the Middlesex Village Traders 20x20 but they do look a lot better, for bang around shooters I'd have to go with Middlesex Village Traders at near 1/2 the cost. Fred :hatsoff:

ACK! Way too much for that, even though it is a Pedersoli. Still, you could cut down some of their doubles for that price......

they are still in fairly early developement. we may know more in april.

Just came in this morning!

Ed,

We just got word from customer service at Pedersoli, and these should be
ready for our May/June shipment.

If you are interested in any of these "finished" pistols we would need a 50%
non-refundable deposit before we order any. So let your friends know also,
so we can get them ordered.

Thank you,
R. Beauchamp
Flintlocks, Etc.

Thanks for the info ED, its good to know in case... 50% up front kind of sounds like they dont plan on getting very many. (dont know if it will sell or not) :hmm: Fred :hatsoff:

Well, guess it's a drag-yer-pants-down companion to the Kodiak rifles. :grin: Does look a bit expensive at $650 seeing how the rifle is about $900. Now, I do believe the Kodiaks can be loaded up pretty potent, but how much so that .50 SxS?

what! no poor boy kits for haft that? darn-it. does look like a realy neat toy though. time to dip into the wifes bread&butter money again. :haha:

I'm a revolver fan, but give me one in each hand, say a dbl. .50 in the left and a dbl. 20 ga. in the right and that should just about take care of anything worth shooting at :shocked2: . WOW...A whole new division for BP League Competition :shake: :rotf: . I want one just to show-off with...yeah I know I'm :youcrazy: . Dave

Interesting to note the middlesex one is not that bad really. I have been looking at making a howdah for some time now and did find this image on the web a while back.

20060119_bottom.jpg

Now compare this to the middlesex village one.

PDBC_bottom.JPG

From these 2 images I am guessing you can easily clean up the middlesex unit and look alot better, maybe change a part or two and refinish it. BTW does anyone know what they are finished with?

Ed

Back