• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New display

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatch84

40 Cal
Reaction score
Finally got around to building a display for my rifles/smoothy.
20210403_205954.jpg
20210403_210008.jpg

Well, as long as you don't invite strangers into the house and the display isn't visible from outside the house, your probably safe.
On the other hand if either of these things happen you are inviting unwanted people to steal your guns.

I had a bunch of pistols hanging on the wall in my family room. It was visable from outside the house.

pistols-002.jpg

Someone broke into my house ans stole every revolver there except for the Walker and the 3rd Model Dragoon. He used one of my old backpacks to tote them in and the two guns shown at the lower right corner fell out as he was leaving.
I reported this to the police giving them the serial numbers of each gun but in 5 years since it happened, only one of the guns showed up at a pawn shop. I got that one back but the rest are still gone.

Sorry to hear about that Zonie, I do have a security system which should deter to a point. You definitely can't see them where they are though from outside of the location.

That's been heavy on my mind as well. Several months ago my neice rearranged our living room and now the gun cabinet faces the windows on the front door. I've been lucky so far but it's bound to run out someday.

Latest posts

Back