• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New custom flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlindstrom

32 Cal.
Reaction score

I'm a new member to this forum and hoping I can get some photos posted of my new custom flintlock built by a good friend.

It is a faithful rendition of a Frederick Sell longrifle.(but left handed).
Curly maple stock, .54 cal 42" swamped barrel, 1:66 twist, left handed (to my knowledge Sell never made a left handed gun but I'm a leftie)

More pics to follow
John Lindstrom
SD

A fine firelock, and that a friend made it makes it even cooler. Thanks for sharing

I know you don't want to be seen with that piece of trash, so, I'll take it off your hands; don't thank me, just doing my good deed. :rotf:

What a coincidence! I'm left handed, too. If you ever need some one to test it out for you, I'd be ever so happy to oblige. After all, what are pals for, right? :grin:

Man, I hate to see such a nice rifle like that messed up because some dyslexic builder put the lock on the wrong side. :grin:

Congrats, it's a beauty.

John,
That rifle is one BIG step up from a DGW flintlock.
You have one heck of a friend, but more so, one heck of a Wife! You owe it to her to become as fine a shot as that is a fine rifle.

Truthfully, I could learn to shoot left-handed with that rifle.

As I said earlier today, Welcome to the Forum. You have certainly entered in style. :hatsoff:

Richard/Grumpa

I am one of the fortunate ones that can shoot equally well right or left. I`m naturally a left shooter but the military taught me to shoot right...I have no lefty flint guns, I`ll take it!!

Back