• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD New build Fusil de Chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awhen you posted pics of your beautiful build it was a wonderful surprise.
I'd been searching the web for information on and pictures of FDC's; trying to learn as much as I could, as quickly as I could.
I traded for one, to use reenacting, about a month ago. Judging by pics and descriptions of the commercially available (not gunsmith -built)I thought that it was beautifully made. When I saw your pics, my new benchmark was set.
I thought mine beautiful, but yours - Wow!
Should yo ever tire of horning or bag crafting, you clearly have an alternative. True craftsmanship!

awhen you posted pics of your beautiful build it was a wonderful surprise.
I'd been searching the web for information on and pictures of FDC's; trying to learn as much as I could, as quickly as I could.
I traded for one, to use reenacting, about a month ago. Judging by pics and descriptions of the commercially available (not gunsmith -built)I thought that it was beautifully made. When I saw your pics, my new benchmark was set.
I thought mine beautiful, but yours - Wow!
Should yo ever tire of horning or bag crafting, you clearly have an alternative. True craftsmanship!
Hi shoots Scott- your comment is very kind, and thank you. I agree that there is little to go on by way of photographs and detailed descriptions of the FdC. There are certain elements common to them that helps. My best resource to learn about these guns is on this and another Longrifle forum, by some very qualified members with outstanding skills in building. There are a few books out that I need to get certainly as well!
I like this kit offered by Pecatonica though like any kit gun there are issues we face. But building them ( this is only my 2nd Fusil de Chasse kit gun from Pecatonica) is enjoyable and it’s a worthy gun to own. I have thoroughly enjoyed shooting mine.

Hi shoots Scott- your comment is very kind, and thank you. I agree that there is little to go on by way of photographs and detailed descriptions of the FdC. There are certain elements common to them that helps. My best resource to learn about these guns is on this and another Longrifle forum, by some very qualified members with outstanding skills in building. There are a few books out that I need to get certainly as well!
I like this kit offered by Pecatonica though like any kit gun there are issues we face. But building them ( this is only my 2nd Fusil de Chasse kit gun from Pecatonica) is enjoyable and it’s a worthy gun to own. I have thoroughly enjoyed shooting mine.
I knew next to nothing about them when the chance came up to get mine. I needed something to use reenacting in the F&I period.
The FDC is perfect. It's lighter than a Bess or the French military fusil; shoots w/ amazing accuracy w/ a wadded .60 ball or a patched smaller ball (of course, reenactment events are all with unwadded blanks but I want to be able to shoot targets and woods walks or hunt with anything I have); and frees me from a military persona. Besides, w/ it's weight and balance - and a fine design - it's just generally fun to shoot.

I've been collecting titles of books to read on FDC's, but that'll take time.
If you haven't, you should keep one for yourself.

I knew next to nothing about them when the chance came up to get mine. I needed something to use reenacting in the F&I period.
The FDC is perfect. It's lighter than a Bess or the French military fusil; shoots w/ amazing accuracy w/ a wadded .60 ball or a patched smaller ball (of course, reenactment events are all with unwadded blanks but I want to be able to shoot targets and woods walks or hunt with anything I have); and frees me from a military persona. Besides, w/ it's weight and balance - and a fine design - it's just generally fun to shoot.

I've been collecting titles of books to read on FDC's, but that'll take time.
If you haven't, you should keep one for yourself.
Yeah, for about 30 years, except for reenacting, all I shot were longrifles. I did make one Fusil de Chasse for myself several months ago. It's the top one in the photo below. The other one is going to her new owner in Michigan soon.

Attachments

• Fusil  3.jpg
    Fusil 3.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Rifled and smooth both have their virtues but I think I could be swayed fairly easily. It's so much fun and so versatile.
The only drawback is the slightly too long length of pull. The buttplate shape makes shortening slightly impractical, so I use my middle finger for the trigger. It's taking a bit of conditioning but is beginning to feel "natural".

Glad to hear it! Maybe there's hope for me out there, I 'm thinking of selling one of mine! I want to build a fowler and extra cash would be nice. Now that I think about it extra cash would be nice anytime.....huh!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back