• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD New build Fusil de Chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I finished building this .62 / 20 gauge Fusil de Chasse and test firing it today. I am proud to offer this long gun for sale.
This fusil is built from component parts provided by Pecatonica River, except for the side plate that I got from MBS.
It has a premium Curly Maple stock which I dyed. The finish is four light applications of wipe-on varnish, and then four applications of tinted paste wax. Though not glossy, it has a beautiful. reflective finish.
The lock is by L&R. I tweaked it a bit following the same procedures I did to my previous FdC. I ground the pan a bit deeper and removed most of the protruding metal from the top inside of the frizzen cover, which actually crushes the priming powder. This lock is pretty darn fast and the trigger pull is quite light.
The gun holds very well and it's a shooter. I fired just seven rounds out of it today to test it out and am quite impressed. Once I got the elevation figured out, hitting center at 35 yards was quick work (I was in a kneeling position). The load was 90 grains 2F with a patched (.018) .580 cast ball. The gun is a handsome shooter.
The cost for this beautiful Fusil de Chasse is $2100. Shipping east of the Mississippi is $30, and west of it is $60.
Thanks for looking.
~Bob

Attachments

• Fusil 14.jpg
    Fusil 14.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Fusil de Chasse.jpg
    Fusil de Chasse.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Fusil 12.jpg
    Fusil 12.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Fusil 8 a.jpg
    Fusil 8 a.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Fusil 9.jpg
    Fusil 9.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Fusil 11.jpg
    Fusil 11.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 0
  • Fusil 13.jpg
    Fusil 13.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Fusil 10.jpg
    Fusil 10.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Fusil 20.jpg
    Fusil 20.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I finished building this Fusil de Chasse and test firing it today. I am proud to offer this long gun for sale.
This fusil is built from component parts provided by Pecatonica River, except for the side plate that I got from MBS.
It has a premium Curly Maple stock which I dyed. The finish is four light applications of wipe-on varnish, and then four applications of tinted paste wax. Though not glossy, it has a beautiful. mirror finish.
The lock is by L&R. I tweaked it a bit following the same procedures I did to my previous FdC. I ground the pan a bit deeper and removed most of the protruding metal from the top inside of the frizzen cover, which actually crushes the priming powder. This lock is pretty darn fast and the trigger pull is quite light.
The gun holds very well and it's a shooter. I fired just seven rounds out of it today to test it out and am quite impressed. Once I got the elevation figured out, hitting center at 35 yards was quick work (I was in a kneeling position). The load was 90 grains 2F with a patched (.018) .580 cast ball. The gun is a handsome shooter.
The cost for this beautiful Fusil de Chasse is $2100. Shipping east of the Mississippi is $30, and west of it is $60.
Thanks for looking.
~Bob

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 0
I finished building this Fusil de Chasse and test firing it today. I am proud to offer this long gun for sale.
It has a premium Curly Maple stock which I dyed. The finish is four light applications of wipe-on varnish, and then four applications of tinted paste wax. Though not glossy, it has a beautiful. reflective finish.
Thanks for looking.
~Bob
Very nice Pathfinder! You do great artistic work.

Thanks for looking.
~Bob
I forgot to include the target pic!

Attachments

• 30 yard target.jpg
    30 yard target.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
Pathfinder, you are getting to be so good at this, I'm using your images for inspiration for the FDC that I am building. Thanks for the great work.

Jack

PS:
I'm in Wilkes County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back