• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Brooks Fowling Piece

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killing many stumps lately with your Mike Brooks fowling gun? Nice slim piece and I always like his Griffinish tang carvng.

I've stopped sleeping with it . . . but only just. Still enamored of the gun and looking forward to bunny, grouse and whitetail this fall.

Brown paper (grocery bag) "cups" improved my shot patterns.

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

And also a bunch of paper cartridge round ball loads for bugger critters.
DSCN0119.jpg

Don't know how I managed to get in so late on this thread. Stumpy that is a fine fowler. I have one of Mike's fowlers too in 16 bore and absolutely love it. I'm going to give the paper bag a try on my patterns as well.

Read a thread a while back from a fella in France, Limousine area--all they use is a wad a washed wool lubed with tallow. ??? I'm going to try it on doves...Tom

Stumpy ..That Fowler just keeps looking better each time I see it!
Enjoy it to the end...Thanks again for posting the sun pic's!
I'm expecting a .275 batting average from you this fall! :grin:

Tommy Bruce said:
Don't know how I managed to get in so late on this thread. Stumpy that is a fine fowler.

Somehow I missed it, too. Glad to have seen it this time, Stumpy....that is one beautiful fowler for sure!

:bow: I think flying critters are going to have a hard time I think I mean it is just a theory. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Flying critters are back-burnered while I'm trying to find an unlucky whitetail at present.

I watched three at the end of my yard this morning - all does. One stood on it's hind legs for 15 seconds to reach an apple way up in the tree. About 80 yards. Watched them for five minutes until they wandered off. Maybe tomorrow we'll meet when I'm not in my bathrobe and bunny slippers looking out the dining room window.

Well get'n a deer is on the back burner for me
!!! :hatsoff:But I've gone a couple or three times with a longbow. Good luck with your fowler.

Please post pics and instuctions on how to as well because I cann't figure it out on my own.

Thanks

That is a drop dead gorgeous gun! You definitely need to post a pic of her across a deer when you get one! That or with a couple grouse she's brought down.

Stump: That's a GREAT looking gun. And I really like the iron mounts and engraving. Just a super looking gun.
I too am an owner of a Brooks fowler. Wouldn't trade mine for anything.
Again, congrats. :bow: :thumbsup: :hatsoff: Rick.

I don't have but 1 thing to say,,,,JEALOUS I is :blah: Congrats on that fowler Stumpy!

Back