• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Belt Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olddoggy2

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Look what I got in the mail today, made by Tallpine.
Freaking awesome!!!!!!!

20201031_165547.jpg

I need to brag about Tallpine a bit!

The wood handled knives below he made to my size and design specifications. And he had them ready in just a few weeks. After talking about what I wanted on the phone he sent me pics of the patterns he made for my input.

The man knows his stuff, and I could not be happier. A note about the two wood handle knives...the first one came in and felt a bit too small in my hands. He offered to take it back. Nope! I told him I wanted the handle about 3/4” longer and a bit thicker. That’s exactly what I got...the first is going to be my daughters Christmas present.

The stag handle knife he had available and I couldn’t not buy it.

You won’t have a more pleasant experience being separated from your money than dealing with Tallpine. And...don’t tell him because I want another made soon, but he doesn’t charge near enough for these. Like by half when you factor in the great custom (he will make it to your preference) leather that comes with each knife.

65396967-601E-43F4-904B-0B03EC8F0920.jpeg
A10C2940-5FE9-4FF3-BCD3-BAD1F86FD88B.jpeg
14BA493E-F14C-4C5A-A7D2-4A648DDFE3E9.jpeg
3981BE96-2F34-465D-BF6C-045E912BB2ED.jpeg

Better pics of the two with wood handles and leather. Custom poured bolsters, I asked they both match, and note the English blade style I requested on the second larger handled knife.

The first knife pictured is one I got from Ron LaCair it has buffaloe horn scales and is a great knife in its own right.

EBA5B499-031C-455F-B7F5-4EE47547E7A3.jpeg
E262AA5B-8666-49C2-BD84-CB648E470B8C.jpeg
7243ADB0-8C25-4083-B3B5-9DB658E1C36A.jpeg

it would be fairly easy to make a knife like Brazo got out of a good chefs knife. now I do know it does not have the character of those nice knives but will look almost the same and function well if a guy has the time to do it

Beautiful knives. I am really drawn to the antler handled knives but can’t buy another knife right now as I just received two custom knifes this week I had made. I could be talked into ordering one though.

Sir, I recently retired from the US Army and am just getting my kit together,
And would really like to get one of your S guard Riflemans knives like I just saw on both olddoggy2 and Brazosland posts. Thank You Regards Tim

Back