• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New belt bag..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s my version of a older bag we’ve discussed before.....Lymans belt bag.

Not an exact copy , but it should work well.

B6FAC542-45DE-46A5-8736-EEDE3516D78F.jpeg

AFB1EADB-30A2-43F7-92B5-1F57B1A350A7.jpeg

39301E88-7025-4ADE-9199-FAEBDF8CC1F6.jpeg

1E3BDAC3-E87A-4CD5-9F59-4D4C47528D54.jpeg

Thanks for the nice comments Guys.

Not a thing of beauty, but functional.

128ADAED-354C-4E25-B963-B5BFAAFF6593.jpeg

A Longhunters gotta’ be able too tell what time it is!

Seenin’ as how most of the Rendezvous I go too it rains , so reading the sun’s position is out....

Should be able too keep a little foldin’ Money in there too..

Just kiddin’ ... it’ll carry balls and patches.

Thanks for the nice comments Guys.

Not a thing of beauty, but functional.

View attachment 23590

A Longhunters gotta’ be able too tell what time it is!

Seenin’ as how most of the Rendezvous I go too it rains , so reading the sun’s position is out....

Should be able too keep a little foldin’ Money in there too..

Just kiddin’ ... it’ll carry balls and patches.

Smo,

Nice functional pouch. Have to ask, did you block form it to get the nicely open space in the pouch?

Gus

Smo,

Nice functional pouch. Have to ask, did you block form it to get the nicely open space in the pouch?

Gus

Thanks Gus,

I guess you could say it was block formed....

I put a plastic coffee creamer inside the front pouch and squeezed it together around the perimeter with wooden clamps, while holding the lid in place.

The leather was dampened during this process.

I was really surprised how much it helped.

I have large hands on usually have problems getting my hand in and out of a flat type pouch.

The original bag appears too have been block formed ... too me anyway.

I congratulate you on coming up with an ingenious way to block form your pouch. Yep, I think the original was block formed as well.

Back in the early 1980's before forums such as this and YouTube, I needed to make some good quality repro cap boxes for UnCivil War period. Fortunately, I had access to a number of originals to copy. I made two wooden forms to block/wet form the pouches and "winged my way through" doing it the first couple of times, as I really didn't have anyone to show me how to do it. I even added the bit of sheepskin under the flap to retain the caps and made the little loop for the cone pick, just as the original cap boxes had, along with hand sewing them. The brass "closures" were dug original pieces I had to "remanufacture" to work. Long story short, I made about 8 until someone else began making a less authentic, but serviceable machine sewn cap box in different styles for about 2/3 the price I could make them. Since I was making next to nothing on my cap boxes, I thanked him for relieving me of doing more of them, though I still have the forms I made.

Gus

Got any pics of the boxes you made?
I would love too see the forms and pouches.

Thanks for the kudos, although I’m not sure how ingenious it was... lol

My Dad always told me.... Son where there’s a will, there’s a way.

I grew up watching him, make something from nothing.....

I wish I had of paid closer attention now..

Got any pics of the boxes you made?
I would love too see the forms and pouches.

Thanks for the kudos, although I’m not sure how ingenious it was... lol

My Dad always told me.... Son where there’s a will, there’s a way.

I grew up watching him, make something from nothing.....

I wish I had of paid closer attention now..

I still have the forms and at least one of the cap boxes, but I'm sorry I don't have a computer capable camera.

Gus

Latest posts

Back