• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD New Beaver Tail skinner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

I had someone ask me about this knife, but I can’t remember who? So here it is. It’s my Beaver Tail skinning knife.

I changed my original design to this new “hybrid” design. It combines the shape of my Nessmuk blade with the rounded tip of my original Beaver Tail skinner to produce a new “Hybrid” shape that seems to be better than my original?

The price is $150.00+ $15.00 s&h to any of the 50 United States, Insured. Please support your local craftsmen, buy American.
1610239944518.jpeg

The overall length is 7-1/2”, the 1095 high carbon steel blade measures 3-7/8” long by 1-1/8” wide at the widest point. The blade is SHARP! The whole design concept was to make for a faster skinning of Beaver with minimal or NO holes in the expensive hides. So far, I’m told this design works really well. The handle is nicely figured Curly Maple. The scales are pinned on with (2) 1/8” Iron pins. The handle is sanded, oiled, waxed, and buffed to a nice sheen.

The sheath, unlike my original, does not have tanned Beaver Tail leather on the front. I was asked for the sheath to be made without it.

The sheath is made of 5 oz. oil tanned hide. It’s Medium Brown in color. It has been hand saddle stitched with Brown, 6 strand waxed Irish Linen thread for the proper PC detail. It has a belt loop that will take a 2-3/4” belt. The belt loop is stitched down with natural color artificial sinew. The sheath has also been riveted with Copper rivets and Burrs for added PC/HA correctness and strength. The knife sets very deeply into the sheath. There’s NO fear that it will fall out.

The sheath also has a welt to protect the stitches from the blade.

This knife will get admiring looks, questions, and requests for its use. Hang on to it. It’s a Two Feathers knife. Besides skinning, it will cut patches, peel spuds, cut your steak, dress any game, and get you noticed. This IS NOT your Granddaddy’s “huntin’ knife.”

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the 50 United states. Shipping outside of the US is costly. Prices will vary accordingly.

I prefer PayPal; and I CANNOT stress this enough, Please, use the PayPal friend’s option when sending funds! If you’re not familiar with the process, I have written the instructions if you need them. I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 001 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 001 edited 30.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 419
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 002 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 002 edited 30.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 446
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 003 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 003 edited 30.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 459
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 004 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 004 edited 30.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 388
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 005 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 005 edited 30.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 006 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Beaver Tail skinner 01-09-21 006 edited 30.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 291
OK folks:
How come NO one has jumped on this unique design?
It'll set you apart from EVERYONE else in your club or trapping organization. AND it's a Two Feathers knife!!
This is NOT just a great design for a Beaver skinner, but it's a great design for a skinning knife PERIOD!!!!
You'll never have to worry about cutting a hole in your valuable hide again with this NO point knife, BUT wait!!!! It'll cut patches, whittle, cut food, AND skin.
Give it a good close look and some serious consideration folks.
You won't be disappointed.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Thanks Ames. I listed it on the trapping website. That's ALL trappers. Hopefully someone over there will "get it?"
Thanks again for your support. I'm glad you still like yours. :thumb: ;)
God bless:
Two Feathers

Look, I want the knife but just can't afford it. If nobody takes it on there, I might give you $85 to cover your losses, but otherwise I've just been sitting this thread out and have been lusting over this knife's pictures all this time. Did you try ebay? You might get more than $150.00 on there for it.

I'd rather see you sell it for a good price than have a guy like me give you $85 for it; but overall, I'd just like to be able to afford the damn thing so I could get a good knife and get you the amount you deserve for it.

.36Roooster: Much appreciate your honesty; thank you. But unfortunately, the price is what it is? I'd rather let it set here than lose my butt by giving it away for 1/2 of what it's worth. It doesn't cost a thing to let it set here and collect dust. If all else fails, my sons can do what they want with it after I'm dead. Thank you for your post. One of these days someone will buy it...or not? I have it listed on another website. I'll see how that goes? Thanks again.
I don't get involved with Flea-Bay. Too many costs.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Hey, if it sits long enough on here I may get the money for it. But I already bought two guns this year that I shouldn't have, and I don't have a wife yet to give me hell over it, so I feel like I gotta gripe at my own self before I go broke. 🤣

But seriously, this is an excellent knife and it's up on my list, and if it's around long enough, I may actually buy it at some point.

.36Rooster:
Been married 52 years...believe me, you're better off!!!
Self control and restraint are very good character traits, don't be upset, but yu deserve a "treat" every now and again.
If it sets here long enough, who knows what you'll decide to do?
Thanks. I'm very happy that you think enough of my work to post about it. ;) :thumb: :ThankYou:
God bless:
Two Feathers

Well. No trappers out there I guess? Looks like I need to list this one on the trapping website?
Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Very nice looking Beaver trapper I have one that's a blacksmith to help me back in the 80s Skined a lotof beaver with it I just happened to see your post what did you say you were offering to sell it for

Gary:
Hello. Yeah, the Beaver Tail skinner design works great. Not much risk of cutting holes in the pelts with no point.
I'm sorry, but the price is as listed, $150.00 + $15.00 s&h That's priority mail, flat rate box with $200.00 insurance to ANY of the 50 actual United States. Thank you for your interest.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Nice work Two Feathers. Here, I’m speaking only for myself. But having read many of the other posts. I fear that what I am saying also relates to quite a few of the other posters on this forum. That being, beautiful days spent in search of beavers are well behind us, and actually catching and skinning one totally out of the question. So please do not take offense at the perceived lack of interest, as it is a great design and truly beautiful work.

Hello Two Feathers. I have been admiring your work for sometime now. If this beauty is still available, I’ll take it. Let me know how best to complete the transaction. Many thanks.

Nice work Two Feathers. Here, I’m speaking only for myself. But having read many of the other posts. I fear that what I am saying also relates to quite a few of the other posters on this forum. That being, beautiful days spent in search of beavers are well behind us, and actually catching and skinning one totally out of the question. So please do not take offense at the perceived lack of interest, as it is a great design and truly beautiful work.
Springerpanhead:
No offense taken. I'm 72 and not in the best of health, Massive stroke. Knife making is about all I have left these days. I spent many a happy/cold, day yeeeears ago trapping and selling furs, but alas., as you've stated those days are well behind me also.
Thank you for your kind words and reflections on our bygone years.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back