• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Ball Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruzatte

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I sprung for a Tanner ball mold .610" dia. It arrived 28 June. The mold handles arrived today, which I ordered from Track of the Wolf. I set about casting up a few balls. And I am pleased with the mold. It's a good thing I didn't compensate for shrinkage when I ordered the mold. I selected two balls at random. First one measured .6105". The second .611". This corresponds with some commercially available balls I have on hand.

It doesn't take long for the bronze to heat up, I discovered. The second or third ball came out perfectly, no wrinkles. The total assembly, mold blocks, handles and all are pretty heavy.

I'd have attached pictures, by my phone is acting up and I haven't been able to upload photos to my computer. I guess it must be a dumb phone. So sorry 'bout that.

I hope to have a range report soon.

P.S. Anyone interested in a Tanner mold, Lee handles fit perfectly, and are available from Track.

$70.79 US. Supply your own handles, if you don't have any. Track of the Wolf has Lee double cavity handles available. They fit.

You would have wound up pretty close anyway.
Shipping across the pond is pretty expensive. What you spent on a Lyman mold with USA shipping may have even been less that the Tanner with shipping.
I'm not certain that that's accurate. My bank statement didn't separate out shipping from the mold's price. The actual price was £34. GBP plus shipping which came out to $70.79 US Google informs me that £34.00 = $46.74 US. So we can deduce that shipping was $24.05.

I'm not certain that that's accurate. My bank statement didn't separate out shipping from the mold's price. The actual price was £34. GBP plus shipping which came out to $70.79 US Google informs me that £34.00 = $46.74 US. So we can deduce that shipping was $24.05.
Last shipping quote on some stuff from TECMAGEX in France was $74.00 (US) for a couple of Lee molds that totaled $68.50 (US)
A lot also has to do with the daily exchange rate - which seems to be just as unstable as the US foreign policy. Maybe the US likes the UK better than they like the Frenchies.

Last shipping quote on some stuff from TECMAGEX in France was $74.00 (US) for a couple of Lee molds that totaled $68.50 (US)
A lot also has to do with the daily exchange rate - which seems to be just as unstable as the US foreign policy. Maybe the US likes the UK better than they like the Frenchies.
Could have something to do with the $ to € exchange rate too

Latest posts

Back