• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New and Old leather for pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Promised pictures so here they are.

Attachments

• IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 60
My old G&G gets some new leather in a Slim Jim cross draw holster. The Uberti Cattleman in 45LC gets 2 holsters till i find a mate for it. A nice cross draw and a full rig i picked up in Branson Mo last week. Never had a full rig, i hope i like it. I did not make these, though some day i hope to be able to.
DL

I like the '58. Nice rig. The British pistols? Hell yeah. I like the bobbed hammer and finger rest on that one.
DL

IIRC, thats not a finger rest per say. The trigger extends thru the guard and you use 2 fingers to make it go bang.....is that correct Pukka Bondook??
BTW, can you tell us about your Tranter ??

DSCN1821.JPG
D-L,
Look forward to seeing your work!

The finger rest isn't actually, it's the "second trigger";
As you bring the pistol up, you pull this trigger back for a tight grip, and this cocks the revolver. To fire, all you do is then pull the top or 'normal' trigger.
If the shot isn't taken, you just release the lower trigger and it goes back down onto the "safe" position, with a bar blocking the hammer. It's faster than a single action, and a nice light pull, unlike most double actions.
In use, it's faster than a double action. In my mind, it's the best thing since sliced bread! :)
Not a flimsy design either, as this revolver was rusted and beaten to death, but still functions and timed dead on.

Back