• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New accouterments

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmoon

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hey folks just wanted to share some of the goodies I've been working on.

First is my new shooting bag. Thick buffalo leather with red pillow ticking liner and red trade cloth under the flap, hand made d rings, the woven part of the strap was made for me by a lady in Texas and I added the brain tan at the ends (eventually ill do some quillwork on the ends), brain tanned pockets inside. Pretty happy with it, wasn't striving for perfection.

Next is a repurposed butcher knife that I reground and turned into a coffin handle full tang, curly maple handles with my 7 pin 1/8" mosaic pins and my first attempt at a poured pewter anything.

Next is my personal curly maple wire inlay ball starter. Need to make another with a 1/4" rod to fit 32 cal.

Next is my brain tanned belt bag that I did some quillwork on (my first attempt at quillwork). Just something to keep my wallet and smokes in at rendezvous.

Next is a knife I knapped, been making a few of these lately (several available if interested), this one in particular was my favorite one, top shelf Davis Creek rainbow obsidian with every color in the rainbow, it went to a member here who has honestly been one of my best customers so I was happy to sell it to him but I miss it a lot 😊

Next is my most recent powder horn. All hand done, I didn't make the stopper though.

And lastly some of the pan primers I made. 1st is boiled and hollowed out deer antler bodies with curly maple bases and ivory tops.
2nd primer pic is I believe an antique horn that was split all the way up to where I cut it off at, curly maple plug. Just couldn't keep that one in the junk pile so I got it back into service (may keep that one) the split was definitely unrepairable.

Attachments

• 20220225_190537.jpg
    20220225_190537.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220209_143335.jpg
    20220209_143335.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220222_171927.jpg
    20220222_171927.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220223_182657.jpg
    20220223_182657.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220121_145423.jpg
    20220121_145423.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220117_132637.jpg
    20220117_132637.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220218_125633.jpg
    20220218_125633.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220307_211953.jpg
    20220307_211953.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220311_184936.jpg
    20220311_184936.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20220311_154337.jpg
    20220311_154337.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

First is my new shooting bag. Thick buffalo leather with red pillow ticking liner and red trade cloth under the flap, hand made d rings, the woven part of the strap was made for me by a lady in Texas and I added the brain tan at the ends (eventually ill do some quillwork on the ends), brain tanned pockets inside. Pretty happy with it, wasn't striving for perfection.

Next is a repurposed butcher knife that I reground and turned into a coffin handle full tang, curly maple handles with my 7 pin 1/8" mosaic pins and my first attempt at a poured pewter anything.

Next is my personal curly maple wire inlay ball starter. Need to make another with a 1/4" rod to fit 32 cal.

Next is my brain tanned belt bag that I did some quillwork on (my first attempt at quillwork). Just something to keep my wallet and smokes in at rendezvous.

Next is a knife I knapped, been making a few of these lately (several available if interested), this one in particular was my favorite one, top shelf Davis Creek rainbow obsidian with every color in the rainbow, it went to a member here who has honestly been one of my best customers so I was happy to sell it to him but I miss it a lot 😊

Next is my most recent powder horn. All hand done, I didn't make the stopper though.

And lastly some of the pan primers I made. 1st is boiled and hollowed out deer antler bodies with curly maple bases and ivory tops.
2nd primer pic is I believe an antique horn that was split all the way up to where I cut it off at, curly maple plug. Just couldn't keep that one in the junk pile so I got it back into service (may keep that one) the split was definitely unrepairable.
I like it all. I think making my own acutremonts is half the fun of doing this stuff. Here's a couple things I've been working on recently.
KIMG0707.JPG

KIMG0687.JPG
KIMG0688.JPG
KIMG0689.JPG

Nice work! Good lookin' stuff!

Thanks guys, and capnball I really like that flint holder / tool holder ive been thinking about and needing to make something like that too.

Thanks guys, and capnball I really like that flint holder / tool holder ive been thinking about and needing to make something like that too.
I went to an 18th century craft show and saw two different wallets, one for knapping tools and one for flint. I just combined the two. The design on the top is a 17th century Algonquin Indian design.
Neil

Back