• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New .44 cal. BP wadcutter bullet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir-ree-bob. As long as it will slip in you got 'er licked.
I've even been tempted try some more just sized without leaving the front big and see if the plunger wouldn't upset the slug enough to hold it in place. The results from shot to shot might become less consistent though.

I have been using a similar bullet for about 15 years, the seller is long gone, but they load quick and easy.

I have a couple boxes of each size left for my Uberti Colt Navy .36.

The short ones are 80 grains and the long ones are 130 grains. They cut very clean holes in paper targets.

47AA0135-384F-4159-B8DD-1D6A207C6F82.jpeg

I stumbled across an interesting single page website for a start up company that is planning to releasing a BP revolver 44 cal. bullet that looks like a hollow base wadcutter. They say the bullet is for hunting. I assume that they mean the bullet is loaded with the hollow end towards the barrel to mushroom upon impact. I'm wondering if loading the bullet with the solid end towards the barrel would be the same as target wascutters used in the unmentionable cartridge revolvers. It will be interesting in what diameter and weight that they make this bullet. Click on the link below. Comments?

https://www.banditbullets.com/

An update to my post

I enlarged one of the photos of this bullet and noted the raised ring around the bullet that is similar to the same ring on a Johnston & Dow bullet. This looks like the bullet could seat fairly tight in a cylinder chamber and possibly leaving a nice cutoff lead ring when the bullet is seated. Additionally, the bullet appears to have a hollow cavity that is not very deep. How this bullet would mushroom on impact is a mystery given that the bullet would be loaded with raised ring pointing towards the barrel and not possibly loaded backwards as I mentioned earlier in my post. Also, no lube grooves would mean you use a wad.

View attachment 122295

A Footnote: Out of curiosity, I call the company and talked to a representative that said the bullet’s hollow cavity is shallow but did not give any detail explanation on how it mushrooms given the dome point of the bullet is loaded towards the barrel.. No production release date was given.
The rounded end would go forward.

Back