• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Never-fired Lyman Plains Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiksmo

40 Cal
Reaction score
I found a pre-owned, never-fired Lyman .50CAL Plains Pistol at my nearby LGS. Called Lyman today and they provided the production date of July 1986 based on the barrel serial number. That puts this cap & ball gun at 33 years old.

I’ve not tried this pistol yet, and waiting for the weather to cooperate and let me get to the outdoor range. Did take some pics to show you. This is the first time I’ve purchased a pre-owned firearm. Hope I found a good-shootin’ one.:)

wiksmo DSCN3438.JPG DSCN3441.JPG DSCN3444.JPG DSCN3446.JPG DSCN3433.JPG DSCN3454.JPG

I found a pre-owned, never-fired Lyman .50CAL Plains Pistol at my nearby LGS. Called Lyman today and they provided the production date of July 1986 based on the barrel serial number. That puts this cap & ball gun at 33 years old.

I’ve not tried this pistol yet, and waiting for the weather to cooperate and let me get to the outdoor range. Did take some pics to show you. This is the first time I’ve purchased a pre-owned firearm. Hope I found a good-shootin’ one.:)

wiksmoView attachment 18363 View attachment 18364 View attachment 18365 View attachment 18366 View attachment 18367 View attachment 18368
THAT is a beautiful pistol. My wife got me one for Christmas one year to go with my Lyman GPR .50 Rifle. It has been excellent. Stock from the factory at 20 yards with 40 grains of 2FG, it hits and hits hard at point of aim. I made a right-handed cross draw holster for my “mountain man” leather belt and it seems to ride and draw well from it. You will love it.

Latest posts

Back