• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Negotiation Time

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just declare "early birthday present" and leave it at that. Life's too short to deny one's self.

wm

oh but the quality of that short life could improve dramatically with some patience lol.
I usually just divide the price of the item by the number of weeks when I want to get it, and just save X amount every week. So if he wants it in 6 months and its a 2k rifle, thats $83 a week he should put in an account, I would think no wife on earth would complain about such a sensible arrangement.

Boy, I'm glad I'm single.

Just pick the right one. Mine keeps asking every week when I was going to purchase my rifle, so she can factor in the cost to the budget. When I said it would pass our projected price, she said we'd sit down and see what we can do. Then I remembered I had some investment money stashed and she was happy we didn't have to adjust. Acting like they are the enemy is the problem lol.

Well, if they are the "enemy" we are well and truly screwed since they outnumber us on this planet.

I was also told to not fully trust anyone that can bleed for a week and continue living. In all fairness, that was stated by a lifelong bachelor.
No surprise there.

wm

Last edited:
We thought you were retired! :eek: How can you have a boss? :dunno: OH! OH! that boss! :doh:Diamonds for the boss help in a lot of situations.

Yep, been retired a while and linda is really good to and for me.
Gotta ask and keep her in the loop. I do get questions like, "but you already have Les Pauls, what would this one do?"

My stock answer is.. "well, a landscape artist has more than one brush to create a great work. Guitars and guns are much the same thing, each one has a personality and use".

Yep, been retired a while and linda is really good to and for me.
Gotta ask and keep her in the loop. I do get questions like, "but you already have Les Pauls, what would this one do?"

My stock answer is.. "well, a landscape artist has more than one brush to create a great work. Guitars and guns are much the same thing, each one has a personality and use".
Boy, you sound like me and my ol' shooting and picking buddy Donahue. Guns and guitars. That's life!

Been married 55 years. My dear old dad loved guns , but had little money. He worked three lobs to keep our house that he built for us in 1945. When I turned 6 years old , he swore me to secrecy to never tell a sole , about what I knew about his guns. My mom wasn't from a firearm tolerant family , because guns cost money and things were financially worse in the family she came from. When dad needed a gun , he worked extra for the money to buy it , or if it was a bolt action ctg. rifle ,he got surplus WW-1 or WW-2 and built it himself. When I got old enough to need a shotgun for hunting for food animals in small game season , I was to inherit dad,s used gun and to pay for a new one for him ,he quit smoking and saved the 35 cents a day he spent for a pack of smokes . Year later , he bought the first new gun I ever saw him buy as a kid, all this totally clandestine. Eventually, when the coal mines came back after the war , we had a little extra money to spend , but still kept our gun needs out of the family budget. After I put myself through Engineering school , there was no money for guns , the wife came from a non gun , city family, so I did what Dad taught me . It took a while , but I wanted to get into muzzleloading guns , again w/no funds. I got a Dixie Gun Works catalog and built several m/l guns from scratch , and the rest is history. I've always kept my m/l hobby separate from my wife's interests. Only comment from her these days is , what will I do with all the stuff in your work shop , if you die? I have one word f or her , Auction........oldwood

I had a real good looking young girlfriend some years ago, and the future was looking bright for us. One day she looked in my gun room, which only contained a fraction of what I own. She put her hands on her hips, made a nasty frown, and asked, "How many guns do you NEED?" I told her, "None"

A short time later I mentioned something about the 30 or so guitars I owned, and she asked the same question, but with regard to guitars. I replied with the same answer.

A short time later she informed me that she wasn't sure if she wanted to continue or not with our relationship. I thought about it for a little while and told her I have now had enough of her ******** to last me for the rest of my life, and to not contact me ever again for any reason.

Dodged another bullet! 😀😂😃😉

Latest posts

Back