• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Negativity towards Traditions guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several traditions, a cva and many custom percussion and flintlock rifles and pistols. Some aren’t as pretty as others but the traditions and cva rifles will hold their own with the fancy ones. Shoot what ya got and be proud of it.

We must ALL hang together, or we shall ALL hang separately. We ALL shoot, be it a custom $3000 gun or a $100 yard sale find.gun owners must not be divided against each other, especially at this time in our history. It can ALL be taken away by ignorant , corrupt politicians. Look at Great Britain.

My personal snobbery is seeing a guy with 10,000 dollars worth the equipment at a rendezvous using a blue enamel coffee pot. BUT I keep my mouth shut (which might have something to do with the guy having a knife, gun, and hawk within arms length.)
So what is it about my blue pot you find offensive???? (J.K.)

Look guys, everyone cannot afford custom made guns, so please stop knocking people who own and post about their guns. I mean were supposed to be a brotherhood here, so let us all act like it accordingly.
That's a great post coming from a guy who wears a frock and a ball cap.......
HAWK - you know I'm kidding .....
You would not believe some of the downright hateful things some of these self professed perfectionists have called me.
Interestingly enough, the 3 worst ones I have ran across here are no longer active on the forum. When you run across one of them, ask them how they got to their last shoot. Horseback or pickup or car or on foot wearing moccasins.
Most who behave that way are insecure wimps that only do it while hiding behind a keyboard. Just ignore them. They eventually wither away into their own world of self admiration.
And then you have a few here that have worked really hard to have the super nice things they desire. And they are eager to share their knowledge and help the rest of us that get by with the best we can. These are the true originalists....

Once again I will shamelessly post a pic of my .36 TC Seneca's wood to express my affection for the cheaper muzzleloaders. Its not a historical artifact and I feel no shame in keeping it waxed and polished in as new condition. Put a fingerprint on the brass and your liable to get a short starter across the knuckles. 😅
20200418_113841.jpg

It seems some of our members don't remember the forum rules like this one:

14: If your post attacks (comments on) the poster, instead of addressing the subject matter, your post will be deleted. If this happens too many times, your account will be deleted.

Using words that some people consider as derogatory is name calling. I consider name calling to be a personal attack.

Who called who what ?

I was speaking in general terms and to no one in particular, It was a colloquialism, or so I thought. As I said the term has been used previously without objection.
If that term is unacceptable I apologize and please delete it. Of course the other uses should also then be deleted too. Wouldn't you agree ?

I will save this post for future reference.

So what is it about my blue pot you find offensive???? (J.K.)
I not offended by blue ware, or modern cast iron shapes ect. We now have options that is not generally too high priced to replace it with a pot closer to what was used then.
That carries it’s own price. As there are things you can do with modern enamel ware you can’t do with a tin or copper kettle.
How does that relate to a Traditions rifle?
A quick look at a good firearms museum will turn up lots of guns that look awful close to a traditions or CVA. In its price range it fits with our sport.
It’s a lot cheaper then a three k gun. Where as there is not much difference between good enamel ware and tinware.
Of course you have to look close. They all tend to be black on the fire.

I'd be afraid of putting a scratch on my $3,000.00 custom gun ( if I had one). So until then I am perfectly happy shooting and enjoying my TC, CVA, and Traditions guns. They suit me just fine. I would put the Crockett up against any 32 caliber out there as far as accuracy goes.
I'm happy with my T/C, Lyman, and Traditions too.

I haven't noticed any snobbery here but I am not here all that often, not yet anyway.

Hopefully the offending party apologizes and we can move forward as good people.

Hawk78, what you got? Tell me about your smokepole.
I haven't been offended personally. I have several: Lyman GPR, Traditions Kentucky Deluxe, T/C Hawken, TK2000 shotgun "unmentionable my bad", Uberti 1859 Remington NMA & a A.S.M. one, and a Traditions Trapper pistol, all percussion.

You can't regulate generosity of spirit.

'This thing of ours' is like any other hierarchy in that there are guys here and on the other forum with 50 or more $10,000 originals in their collections and some guys shooting their dad's old duck taped CVA. Some of the guys at the top are stretched thin with their collecting and some can afford 10x what they have without knocking a dent in the daily interest accrual of their principal. The wide bottom is full of content folks and envious folks and the pointy top of the pyramid houses some generous guys and some cantankerous old snobs that like nothing more than looking down their noses at the rest of us. The only answer to this is to be kind, roughen up your hide, and get out and shoot some Black Powder! (errr, or Walmart substitutes if that's your thing.... ;) ) <----(insincere snobbery)

...and continue posting about your hobby. There's guys with better guns and guys with worse at every level. My dad shoots a CVA and even if Momma would let him, he's never dream of spending more. (And oh how old Pop loves to go to 'othering' when he outshoots me and my fancy pants guns.)
Thanks Mr. Bob, and I only shoot Goex.

:mad: Guys, Iv'e been shooting muzzleloaders for nearly a half century and have never seen people whine as much as they do today.
Stop whining, it drives away more people than anything.
The man who whines is worse than the man who criticizes, at least you can learn something from criticism . Go shoot and have fun. Do you guys remember how to have fun?
I don't think many of you do. I think we have all forgotten. :(
I don't believe I was whining. But, now that you say that, I will never "whine" again.

I don't believe I was whining. But, now that you say that, I will never "whine" again. To whoever belittles others property, do it, have at it,. I'm out of this conversation and really wish I hadn't said **** to start with. I know how to have fun, not letting others take my joy!

BAD WORD not allowed here please don’t!! 😖

I wish I could delete my original post. Damn, I didn't know I would start all of this. Excuse me to all of you. And no, no more crying from me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back