• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Neeeeext!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wished I needed a new knife. I would definitely order one from you. If I bought one more muzzleloader or knife the Mrs. would probably kill me with them,
Lol.
deermanok:
I hear ya.' brother. I'm in the same boat, but with me it's other things, like shop tools and supplies.
Can't imagine the horror of having my face shoved into an oscillating spindle sander while it's running? :eek: :dunno:
God bless:
Two Feathers

Hey Polecat, yeah the one pin is a might short, nope didn't break it. When the blade was in the knife vise and I had the handle slabs "C" clamped to the tang while the epoxy set, I made the mistake of rotating the knife 90 degrees to look at the spine and then rotatated it back flat, and left it that way. When I came back 24 hours later, the pin had slid out on one side about .050" and the epoxy had set, so I had no choice but to grind the pins and slabs to see how they looked, OR remove the whole handle and chuck 2 good looking pieces of Cury Maple in the trash and start over? The pin sets .013" under the surface Not enough to be anything buy cosmetically upsetting!! The pin is still 99% of the way through the entire handle and solid.

I'm going to take it back to the shop and "remove .013" of wood and refinish the handle. You'll never know it was short, because it won't be.
I'm glad you brought it up. I didn't want to try passing off a piece of manure work without at least TRYING to correct it!
God bless:
Two Feathers
I really love that knife. Glad I was wrong but it did need a bit of correction. Your solution is better than mine. God bless you and yours as well. Dale [Polecat]

I really love that knife. Glad I was wrong but it did need a bit of correction. Your solution is better than mine. God bless you and yours as well. Dale [Polecat]
Polecat:
Just got it all finished. I'll give ya.' a peek. I hope this looks better? I couldn't have been proud of my work if I tried to pass that off. I'm glad you pointed that out before I tried to sell it, although it looks like I may have sold an hour ago? Number 3 is the repaired pin.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• Corrected handle pin 001.JPG
    Corrected handle pin 001.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Corrected handle pin 002.JPG
    Corrected handle pin 002.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Corrected handle pin 003.JPG
    Corrected handle pin 003.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Corrected handle pin 004.JPG
    Corrected handle pin 004.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 49
Polecat:
Just got it all finished. I'll give ya.' a peek. I hope this looks better? I couldn't have been proud of my work if I tried to pass that off. I'm glad you pointed that out before I tried to sell it, although it looks like I may have sold an hour ago? Number 3 is the repaired pin.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Terrific. Dale

nice looking blade from where i sit :)
MSW:
Thank ya.' I try. It'll be up for grabs in a few days. I've gotta' make a sheath for both of them. I keep getting "suggestions" but I'm more happy with my standard Mountain Man style. I've made a few "fancy" ones, but I like my regular style. :):ThankYou::thumb:
Here's a few I made over the last 5 or 10 years.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail (365).jpg
    thumbnail (365).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 44
  • thumbnail (366).jpg
    thumbnail (366).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 44
  • thumbnail (385).jpg
    thumbnail (385).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 46
  • New sheath 1 001.JPG
    New sheath 1 001.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Sold!.jpg
    Sold!.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 46
  • thumbnail (254).jpg
    thumbnail (254).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 48
  • thumbnail (255).jpg
    thumbnail (255).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 45
  • thumbnail (387).jpg
    thumbnail (387).jpg
    106 KB · Views: 44
  • thumbnail (388).jpg
    thumbnail (388).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 40
Hey Polecat, yeah the one pin is a might short, nope didn't break it. When the blade was in the knife vise and I had the handle slabs "C" clamped to the tang while the epoxy set, I made the mistake of rotating the knife 90 degrees to look at the spine and then rotatated it back flat, and left it that way. When I came back 24 hours later, the pin had slid out on one side about .050" and the epoxy had set, so I had no choice but to grind the pins and slabs to see how they looked, OR remove the whole handle and chuck 2 good looking pieces of Cury Maple in the trash and start over? The pin sets .013" under the surface Not enough to be anything buy cosmetically upsetting!! The pin is still 99% of the way through the entire handle and solid.

I'm going to take it back to the shop and "remove .013" of wood and refinish the handle. You'll never know it was short, because it won't be.
I'm glad you brought it up. I didn't want to try passing off a piece of manure work without at least TRYING to correct it!
God bless:
Two Feathers
Dave,

You've never made a piece of manure, so no possible way of 'passing anything off'.

painter
Thank you buddy, much appreciated. I was getting a little "down" over that pin issue, but this and Polecat's comments have helped with that.
I hope your ball starter and blocks are holding up well.
Thank you again.
God bless:
Dave

I like the finished appearance of this knife. I am not a fan of "blacksmith finish" (rough finished or un-finished looking blades. Keep it up.

ADK Bigfoot

I like the finished appearance of this knife. I am not a fan of "blacksmith finish" (rough finished or un-finished looking blades. Keep it up.

ADK Bigfoot
ADK Bigfoot:
Now I'm kind of confused? I didn't do anything to the finish on this blade? It's the same forge finish I leave on all my blades. All I really did was carry the grind up a little farther. I'll do the same to the previous one soon. I have them both of them laying here side by side and I can't see any difference, but then, 72 yr. old diabetics eyes don't see that well to start with? :thumb: :dunno:;)
Thank you in either case.
God bless:
Two Feathers

God bless:
Two Feathers
Maybe drill it out and put a 1/4" ferrule (or hollow rivet) for a leather loop (knotted leather shoelace). Just a thought........

Latest posts

Back