• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Needs some advice on possibles bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I'm currently using; a surplus Chinese RPD drum mag pouch. Paid $8 for it and it follows the fit and functions perfectly, but in no way the period.
chinese-army-type-56-ak-drum-pouch.jpg
Might fit right in, In a couple years if you know what I am referencing.

Making vs buying. Im always in favor of making. Having said that.
My horns and bag I did not make. Much better craftsmen than I made them.
My bag is an imported English flowler's bag.
Ive found that not have straps hanging all over you makes it easier to go thru the woods.
Id say get a kit, make it, and use it until something else tickles your fancy.
We know some of the old timers had home made bags. However colonial and federal America was not the wild lands of hardy loners we like to imagine. Most bags horns knifes, belt buckles, ect came from professional.
Even a log cabin in the woods was often built by companies of traveling carpenters and stone masons.
I take joy in making my own, but to be HC buying is the best option

We know some of the old timers had home made bags. However colonial and federal America was not the wild lands of hardy loners we like to imagine. Most bags horns knifes, belt buckles, ect came from professional.
Even a log cabin in the woods was often built by companies of traveling carpenters and stone masons.
I take joy in making my own, but to be HC buying is the best option
To be historically correct, buying is the best option only if you are buying from a craftsman. Pretty much all of the mass produced bags for sale from retailers use materials and methods that are not historically correct.

Latest posts

Back