• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

needed thicker patches....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
no idea why,,but seems my Stroh 62 Smoothie decided it wanted...needed.. thicker patches than .020...I measure the 20's I've used ferever hmm still .020 measure balls still .600's so started search for cotton patches or material, about.025 thick.. harder than you might think lol..but found that mold maker Jeff Tanner now sells patches! 10-12-15-20-25-28 and 32's in sizes 1.25"-1.50"-1.75"and 2.00" not doing an ad for him,,but know how hard I looked for patches,(and he's listed in sellers links here anyway)catch is, packs are 200,,, about $7.75(USD)a pack, (sold in GBP) shipping is about $7 ...I ordered a thousand but I'm set fer awhile.if you're looking for good patches and good service,,here ya go,, Hope this helps!..oh side note from an email from Jeff,,

Most of the MLAGB International shooters use our patches.
We had a very nice order from Sweden a couple of weeks ago for 27,000.
:shocked2:

Big Duck Canvas the #12 Cotton Duck should be abut right and the Army canvas is slightly thinner. Great people to deal with and they will send you samples.

RB

Just head out to your favorite fabric store or if your closest Walmart still has fabric, with a measuring caliper. Like already mentioned denim or the canvas will work great and are in the .025 plus range. Buy half a yard, wash and dry it and give it a go. Cut the patch at the barrel.

I haven't bought premade patches in years. Find a fabric that works for you gun and buy a couple of yards.

Best of luck

Rio

Back