• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Need to Id a hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought a 54 hawken style with a black composite stock, and all furniture and barrel is stainless. Octagon barrel . Supposed to be a investarms via Cabelas but the octagon barrel I can't find. Thanks for any and all info. More curious then anything.
New to the forum but have been burning charcoal for close to 60 years. Still don't know nuthin!

Knew that was going to come up I am on one of them fire tablet thingies and it don't do pictures as far as I know.
The gun looks exactly like every other Cabelas hawken except with a black plastic stock and all stainless. Been to the investarms site and nada. Been to cabelas, nada . Been to tracks of the wolf nada. They have the grey wolf but the barrel is round. Every thing else looks like the grey wolf but the barrel. Don't have the gun in hand yet , but if USPS doesn't lose or trash it it should be here monday. Tom

IMG-0494.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-0494.jpg
    IMG-0494.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 74
Does it have 2 Brackets like a square with an I in the center? Thats invest arms logo. They did BP guns for Cabelas for quite some time until recently. Someone else does them for Cabelas now. Could have been a special order. I have one that came with an extra barrel. 58 & 50.

according to the seller it is a investarms. I just haven't been able to find any models to match. have looked in all the usual places on the innernet and nada. the closest is the Cabelas Silverhawk. but it has a round barrel. will have the thing in hand Monday so will know more them. just figured someone here would know something about it.
td.

I was so surprised I checked and rechecked the twist when I cleaned! over the years I have had probably a dozen hawken style guns and this is the first with more twist than 60. always wanted a 48 twist and figured less would shoot nothing but heavies. I am more then pleased with this rifle. come on bear season!
just to have full disclosure I was braced against a porch post with my left hand/forearm. going out to 100 yards today and going to try some no excuse 530g bullets just for kicks. pun intended!

just tried it with 535g no excuse bullets over 90g clean shot at 75 yards( couldn't see the target yet at 100) . this was off a bag. don't think my shoulder wants to up the powder. this will ruin a Elks day, or a big fat old bear! might raise the peep a smidge and call it good. think I am in love with this charcoal burner!
20200318_123652.jpg

Knew that was going to come up I am on one of them fire tablet thingies and it don't do pictures as far as I know.
The gun looks exactly like every other Cabelas hawken except with a black plastic stock and all stainless. Been to the investarms site and nada. Been to cabelas, nada . Been to tracks of the wolf nada. They have the grey wolf but the barrel is round. Every thing else looks like the grey wolf but the barrel. Don't have the gun in hand yet , but if USPS doesn't lose or trash it it should be here monday. Tom
I purchased one like yours from Cabela's maybe 15 to 20 years ago. If I recall correctly mine had sights like on Cabela's (Investarms) Traditional Hawken but in stainless.

Do not think Cabela's sold these for more than just a few years.

Here's my new 50 cal. New to me who ever had it before me either never shot it r if they did just once cause no scratches or rust anywhere . It even came with 6 boxes of 20 buffalo prelubed bullets .paid 189.00 .It is a investarms .Oh ya it also has a brass rod15851130915968231471425197711692.jpg

Latest posts

Back