• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

need swivel gun mount ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple years ago at the Ft Frederick Trade Fair I purchased a brass swivel gun / cannon barrel.
I believe from Flying Canoe Traders.
I been searching their web site and can find no reference to such things??
I have very poor web service and it takes forever, so I may be missing it.
My question is: does anyone know where I could buy the mounts??
Or
Any ideas on how to build a mount that looks period correct??
I want to make this into what will be a full sized representation of a swivel gun, rather than a smaller than full scale cannon.
We do eastern wood runner / longhunter stuff and a swivel gun would fit right in.
Thanks

You might check the cannon forum at Grey beard outdoors too. That seems to be more active in cannoneering than this one.

Have you tried putting "Swivel gun mount" into Google to see what it can find?

When I did this, among the things that popped up were Images for swivel gun mounts.

There are dozens of photos of various mounts and many of them look like they would be pretty easy to build.

If you see some picture that looks interesting, put your cursor on it and poke your right mouse button. Choose Open in new tab and a new tab will appear on your browser screen.

Click on that tab to see what the picture looks like.
More importantly, while your looking at the picture, notice there is a button on the right that you can click to "Visit page".

That will take you to the page where the picture was posted.

Sometimes it is just some information. Sometimes it is a site that has a lot of information you will be interested in.
Occasionally it will be some site that is selling the mount your looking at.

Give it a look.

You might also want to either visit or contact Ft. Ligionier over at Ligioner, PA. I've seen swivel guns there and know that they have a very impressive artillery park.

Maybe something like this Chevalet? I built one for a British rail swivel-blunderbuss that came out good.

Attachments

• Arquebuse a Croc and chevalet.jpg
    Arquebuse a Croc and chevalet.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 86
  • British rail blunderbuss with yoke.jpg
    British rail blunderbuss with yoke.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 92
Back