• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need some help on the value of a GM 32 cal Hawken barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found that I have an unfired 32 cal Green Mountain drop in barrel for TC Hawken. I know that these were discontinued long before I paid a premium for this one but I am looking to have a baseline for selling or trading for other stuff to sell. What is this little jewel worth these days?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought a green Mountain drop-in from The Gun Works, it was $300 out the door. Yours being an unavailable caliber I suspect it should fetch a little more.

My barrel is a .54, the price was high but I wanted one, someone who wants your barrel will feel the same way and get off their wallet.

I recently bought a green Mountain drop-in from The Gun Works, it was $300 out the door. Yours being an unavailable caliber I suspect it should fetch a little more.

My barrel is a .54, the price was high but I wanted one, someone who wants your barrel will feel the same way and get off their wallet.
This is very true, for some reason they discontinued the 32, I think 40 is the smallest offered.
There's one here and it is a shooter with 25 grains FFF and rnd ball.
The only down side is these barrels are heavy, l think it adds about a pound weight.
$300 at least.

36: Asking the members to give a fair market value appraisal for an item you own or wish to purchase is permitted. However, no offers to SELL, BUY or TRADE may be made outside of the Classified section of the Forum. Do not post: "I'm selling a gun, what do you think it's worth?" - Use the Classifieds. This applies to "Looking to Buy" also.

36: Asking the members to give a fair market value appraisal for an item you own or wish to purchase is permitted. However, no offers to SELL, BUY or TRADE may be made outside of the Classified section of the Forum. Do not post: "I'm selling a gun, what do you think it's worth?" - Use the Classifieds. This applies to "Looking to Buy" also.
So I am a little confused. Was I ok in asking what the barrel was worth as you say that it is ok for an item that I own but only if it was for buying something that I do not own or for something that I might someday sell at an honest value as long as I do not have any intention of doing that unless of course that post is in the proper section and only on Wednesdays?:dunno:;)

Last edited:
So I am a little confused. Was I ok in asking what the barrel was worth as you say that it is ok for an item that I own but only if it was for buying something that I do not own or for something that I might someday sell at an honest value as long as I do not have any intention of doing that unless of course that post is in the proper section and only on Wednesdays?:dunno:;)

You have just met the 'respected mods'. This place is lousy with'em.

36: Asking the members to give a fair market value appraisal for an item you own or wish to purchase is permitted. However, .
I wouldn’t worry about it. As far as I can tell, you asked for members evaluation of your barrel. You made no offer to buy or selll securities. I mean barrels. Wait, was this on a Saturday?

Back