• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need ridgepole info for 6' x 9' A frame tent.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 6' x 9' A frame tent.
If one of you fine folks would be kind enough to share with me the length of 2"×4" I need as well as the spacing of the two holes that accept the upright post pins.
Yes. I could unfold it, lay it out and determine what is needed. But.......I thought I would try the lazy man's method first.

Thank you so very much.

I have a 6' x 9' A frame tent.
If one of you fine folks would be kind enough to share with me the length of 2"×4" I need as well as the spacing of the two holes that accept the upright post pins.
Yes. I could unfold it, lay it out and determine what is needed. But.......I thought I would try the lazy man's method first.

Thank you so very much.
I hate to break it to you, but you are really going to have to stretch the tent out on your living room floor and get an exact measurement of the distance between the two holes on the ridge of you tent. Tents can vary in dimensions.

Every tent is a little different. Best to lay yours out and measure. Is the pole internal or external? Does the tent have openings for the internal pole to extend out the back/ front? Too many options to answer. Thereare al ot of ways to set up that require different pole systems. Have fun with it.

The 2x4 should be a little bit short of the full length of the canvas ridge of your tent. You should round the ends of the 2x4 a bit with a rasp so no sharp "right-angle" edges can pressure the canvas itself.
The holes should line up with the grommets installed in the canvas.
I hope that helps.
Oh, and when you do unfold it to measure for the ridge pole, it will never be folded again to fit in the shipping box you got it in,, It's a Murphy

The way I set mine the length isn’t important except if they are to short. The shortest ones are the eve poles, they need to be at least one foot longer then the tent. The ridge pole I like to have about three feet extra to hang stuff on. The gable ends are as long as 16 feet so they can be adjusted to the needs of the ground. I don’t use pins in this set up.
IMG_0282 (2) by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

The 2x4 should be a little bit short of the full length of the canvas ridge of your tent. You should round the ends of the 2x4 a bit with a rasp so no sharp "right-angle" edges can pressure the canvas itself.
The holes should line up with the grommets installed in the canvas.
I hope that helps.
Oh, and when you do unfold it to measure for the ridge pole, it will never be folded again to fit in the shipping box you got it in,, It's a Murphy
I've had this tent for years. It's now folded in my old duffle bag.
I have the upright posts, but......I reckon someone needed the ridgepole more than I.😎

Latest posts

Back