• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need ML Flintlock Barrel Rebored

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimfixins

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a lovely unmarked flintlock long rifle in .45 cal. that has a very heavy barrel and would be better in a larger
caliber, preferably .54 and even better yet, .53 to match my Log Cabin Marked Navy Arms Hawken. Does anybody know
who might be able to do this work? Hopefully in less time than 2 or 3 years. I love shooting this gun and don't
want to be without it any longer than necessary. A couple pictures of it, especially the muzzle which shows enough
metal to allow the increase in bore. As it is now, the rifle weighs almost exactly 10 lbs and is extremely muzzle heavy.
Let me know if you know of someone who does this or if you can do it. Obviously, I would not want the work to be done
by someone who has never done it before and wants the experience. Another choice would be to just re-barrel to a larger
ball size, but that involves more fit and finishing which I would like to avoid. Let me know.
DSC_8143.JPG
DSC_8144.JPG
DSC_8147.JPG

R. A. (Bobby) Hoyt
Freischutz Shop
2379 Mt. hope Rd.
Fairfield, PA 17320-9756
(717) 642-6696

Just package the barrel and send it to him. Tell him what you want and he'll tell you if it can be done or offer an alternative. You won't find anyone that can match his quality of work or price. If you call do it early and often till you get him.

Thank you for the information.
R. A. (Bobby) Hoyt
Freischutz Shop
2379 Mt. hope Rd.
Fairfield, PA 17320-9756
(717) 642-6696

Just package the barrel and send it to him. Tell him what you want and he'll tell you if it can be done or offer an alternative. You won't find anyone that can match his quality of work or price. If you call do it early and often till you get him.
[/QUOTE
I have a lovely unmarked flintlock long rifle in .45 cal. that has a very heavy barrel and would be better in a larger
caliber, preferably .54 and even better yet, .53 to match my Log Cabin Marked Navy Arms Hawken. Does anybody know
who might be able to do this work? Hopefully in less time than 2 or 3 years. I love shooting this gun and don't
want to be without it any longer than necessary. A couple pictures of it, especially the muzzle which shows enough
metal to allow the increase in bore. As it is now, the rifle weighs almost exactly 10 lbs and is extremely muzzle heavy.
Let me know if you know of someone who does this or if you can do it. Obviously, I would not want the work to be done
by someone who has never done it before and wants the experience. Another choice would be to just re-barrel to a larger
ball size, but that involves more fit and finishing which I would like to avoid. Let me know.
View attachment 35927View attachment 35928View attachment 35929
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back