• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need holster for plains pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Need a holster for a lyman plains pistol.New or used as long as it's in good shape.Whats your thoughts,Murf :front:

Hey me too, and I prefer full-flap holsters so I thought I'd have to have one made.

However, I just noticed that October Country sells a full flap for "single shot pistols" for only $20, so I'm going to give it a try. For that price ya can't go too wrong.

Rat

Take a chunk of leather and make your own! A plain one would only take an hour or 3. Check out the Tandy Leather site for the tools..................

My pistol holster is two loops of leather linked together like two chain links. Belt goes through one & you stick the pistol in the other. Carried a variety of pistols hunting & re-enacting w/ this rig & it works great, however the muzzle on my Pennsylvania did gouge up a saddle once. Also need to make sure you have a tight ramrod; lost one once. But it is a rig that was used back when if someone wanted to carry a pistol & didn't want to stuff it under the belt. Holsters were not really used for personal carry until revolvers became common. MOst early holsters were mounted on the saddle (hence "horse pistol" for big single shots).

Back