• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

need help with inlays

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
how can you go about fixing this inlay i tried wood glue and saw dust makes it stand out like a sore thumb.. i used wood alone and still looks like hell.. the other 2 came out ok.. got chisel happy. thanks michael

Attachments

• 20200508_211311.jpg
    20200508_211311.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200508_211325.jpg
    20200508_211325.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 80
Maybe get a larger piece of brass and inlay over the voids? Or if the stock is thick enough, sand it down till the void is gone.

Everyone is telling you the same suggestion. There is no way to repair what you have in place. The brass needs to be made larger to cover the voids adjacent to the inlay. The other choice is cut the stock down and reshape, provided there is ample wood.
Good Luck
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

That inlay looks like something I might have done. You are stealing my title as the wustuest inlayer ever. ;) Suggestions offered are best solution. However, if you are determined to do a repair, I suggest you buy and use a wood filler called Timber Mate. It is far and away the best wood filler product on the market. Can be bought in shades and even have stain added to match what is being repaired. Good luck.

it does look bad... order this one from tow Inlay, Large Oval, nickel 2.16" long by 1.17" tall... like to engraved MWM in it??

Back