• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Need Help With CVA lock and/or trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I m not a handy man type guy and have a CVA Hawken that suddenly has become about a 20lb trigger pull and set trigger will not work (to fire). Do any of you know of an AZ builder or repair guy I could hook up with. Or a reputable (and reasonable shop/gunsmith) I could ship the stock off to for a "tune up" Favorite rifle that shoots a 2" group every outing at 90 yds. Thanks folks, will be back for more help on browning and staining my Kibler .40 SMR soon (I changed custom wood to in the white as per above, I am not that handy of a guy). I have built a few but wont be chiseling any 1000.00 wood any time soon!

HPIM0673.JPG

Yes sometimes those screws get lose very easily. I have 4 different CVAs, 2 pistols and 2 rifles. One of them the screw was very prone to backing out so I put some locktite on it. and solved the problem.

Well I have screwed with the screw(s) all I feel is wise and am ready to send off. Any one have a suggestion as to who can repair a lock/trigger? Log Cabin shop? Lemme know..... would like it shooting again soon!

Thanks and have a happy and safe Memorial Day!

Hi Guys,

I m not a handy man type guy and have a CVA Hawken that suddenly has become about a 20lb trigger pull and set trigger will not work (to fire). Do any of you know of an AZ builder or repair guy I could hook up with. Or a reputable (and reasonable shop/gunsmith) I could ship the stock off to for a "tune up" Favorite rifle that shoots a 2" group every outing at 90 yds. Thanks folks, will be back for more help on browning and staining my Kibler .40 SMR soon (I changed custom wood to in the white as per above, I am not that handy of a guy). I have built a few but wont be chiseling any 1000.00 wood any time soon!
Is your sear lever dragging on wood inside the lock mortise? Over time and over tightening the lock bolts will bring the tip of the sear lever into contact with the wood. So, take a look at the lock mortise and look for signs that the sear is making contact.

Back