• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Need help verifying this weapons worth asap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman5433

32 Cal
Reaction score
Can someone help? This is marked as an Italian made BP .50 caliber rifle. Markings PN with a start an AA in a box and serial 010190 marked. But it also shows ultra hi on the top of the Barrell. Non of this adds up as I can't find an ultra hi italian made...can't post pics for some reason. It fully. Selling for $100, worth it? Will it fire?

https://s.amsu.ng/FZIZxFH2yznNLink Sharing

Obviouilsy you like it, so buy it. $100 is not much money for a rifle. The nipple area looks like it has not been cleaned and oiled properly. How does the bore look? I would run a rod and tight patch down the bore. If no tight spots and bad rust, buy it, shoot it and enjoy it.

Fleener

Ultra hi was normally found on Miroku Japanese made muzzleloaders. The one in your link was made in 1975 per the AA proof date in the photos. During that time many importers were shipping these guns in and marking them with pretty much anything they wanted. I’d guess that Dixie or some importer marked this gun ultra hi to appeal to customers. The ultra hi stamping doesn’t match the factory proof marks so it clearly was added later. Heck the first owner may have marked it ultra hi for some reason. It’s clearly an Italian made rifle. If it has a good bore I’d throw down $100 for it.

Obviouilsy you like it, so buy it. $100 is not much money for a rifle. The nipple area looks like it has not been cleaned and oiled properly. How does the bore look? I would run a rod and tight patch down the bore. If no tight spots and bad rust, buy it, shoot it and enjoy it.

Fleener
No rust, checked yesterday. Thanks!!!

Ultra hi was normally found on Miroku Japanese made muzzleloaders. The one in your link was made in 1975 per the AA proof date in the photos. During that time many importers were shipping these guns in and marking them with pretty much anything they wanted. I’d guess that Dixie or some importer marked this gun ultra hi to appeal to customers. The ultra hi stamping doesn’t match the factory proof marks so it clearly was added later. Heck the first owner may have marked it ultra hi for some reason. It’s clearly an Italian made rifle. If it has a good bore I’d throw down $100 for it.

Great feedback! I was confused by the italian made plus ultra hi...lol. thanks again

Mavi was the name of the company that eventually became Investarms. I picked up a 45 cal version of that same rifle last year for $75. As long as the bore is good, buy it. If I remember correctly, mine didn’t have the ultra hi on it. A company called Sile imported them and distributed them.

Can someone help? This is marked as an Italian made BP .50 caliber rifle. Markings PN with a start an AA in a box and serial 010190 marked. But it also shows ultra hi on the top of the Barrell. Non of this adds up as I can't find an ultra hi italian made...can't post pics for some reason. It fully. Selling for $100, worth it? Will it fire?

https://s.amsu.ng/FZIZxFH2yznNLink Sharing

PN = Polvere Nero = Black powder.

The little shield stamp is the arms of the city of Gardone Val Trompia, location of the national proof house of Italy - the star is the emblem of the Republic of Italy.

Side note, any one have some useful links for replacement Thimbles? I need both and only thing I see is ebay and they never have the screws...

Back