• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Need help just purchase a CVA mountain pistol kit. missing instructions and 2 parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul69usmc

32 Cal
Reaction score
Can anyone help me scan and send me a copy of instructions to build a CVA mountain pistol. I also need 2 parts. A barrel rib and a ramrod for it.

Attachments

• 20210501_203822.jpg
    20210501_203822.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 69
Hello everyone, I hope I can get some help. I need a copy of the instructions to build this kit. And I also need only 2 parts. barrel rib #18220 and ramrod assembly #18500. I think I may have found a place to get the parts Deercreekproducts.net. Is this a good place to get parts? Can someone help with the instructions? Please!!!!

I have bought CVA parts from Deer Creek, and was very pleased with the service.
It looks like they may have the parts you need. Also they have a diagram of the pistol. Which will help
you to make sure you do have all the parts you will need. This diagram will help in how and were parts go.
Did not see any instructions though.
Maurice

Thanks. I will order from them. I am so glad that that is the only two parts missing. I did find out the diagram and I also did do what you said the other day. That how I found out I am lucky to only be missing the two. I bought this in an estate sale for $40. Definitely a win!! Can't wait to start this project! Thanks again Maurice appreciate you.

Good deal. I found a mountain pistol in a pawnshop last year. I paid about $ 80.00 for it. I've seen them online for way over $ 200.00.
Over the years, I've built 4 or 5 kit guns. They don't come with step by step instructions. Usually only a diagram that shows all the parts. For the most part, it's pretty simple to put the gun together.
Dry fit everything and check for proper functionality. You may have to do a bit of sanding here and there to make everything fit together.
Good luck with the pistol.

Good deal. I found a mountain pistol in a pawnshop last year. I paid about $ 80.00 for it. I've seen them online for way over $ 200.00.
Over the years, I've built 4 or 5 kit guns. They don't come with step by step instructions. Usually only a diagram that shows all the parts. For the most part, it's pretty simple to put the gun together.
Dry fit everything and check for proper functionality. You may have to do a bit of sanding here and there to make everything fit together.
Good luck with the pistol.
Thank you! Can't to build it!

I placed an order online to Deer Creek Products a couple of weeks ago for a variety of Muzzleloading odds'n ends, including some round balls that were unavailable anywhere else. I had the package in my hands four days later. Complete, well packaged, and fairly priced. They are a good outfit to deal with, and I can recommend them to you without reservation.

Deer Creek has a lot of the old CVA literature digitized and available on their website. I can't say for sure that they have the instructions you need, but there's a pretty good chance that they do.

Notchy Bob

I placed an order online to Deer Creek Products a couple of weeks ago for a variety of Muzzleloading odds'n ends, including some round balls that were unavailable anywhere else. I had the package in my hands four days later. Complete, well packaged, and fairly priced. They are a good outfit to deal with, and I can recommend them to you without reservation.

Deer Creek has a lot of the old CVA literature digitized and available on their website. I can't say for sure that they have the instructions you need, but there's a pretty good chance that they do.

Notchy Bob
Thanks I just placed my order online. I also found a copy of the instructions on ebay. Can't wait to start and make this as perfect as I can. Lol I hope! Thanks again. This site rules. So many people jumping to help! That you everyone!

Yes. Great lock, sparks a bunch. Easy install, too.
Is this normal. While I was checking the fit on all of my parts for my kit. It seems the tang and the Barrel doesn't fit together. Is this normal or do I have a wrong tang? Or do I have to file it down to fit?

Attachments

• 20210508_022547.jpg
    20210508_022547.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210508_022557.jpg
    20210508_022557.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210508_022605.jpg
    20210508_022605.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210508_022616.jpg
    20210508_022616.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210508_022622.jpg
    20210508_022622.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 49
My last rifle kit had the same issue. Might sound odd but it fit together once I screwed the tang down onto the stock.
You may have to do a little file work with your kit. Not a huge problem.

Is this normal. While I was checking the fit on all of my parts for my kit. It seems the tang and the Barrel doesn't fit together. Is this normal or do I have a wrong tang? Or do I have to file it down to fit?
Some fitting and filing is required, and I believe this is to be expected with the CVA kits. Look the parts over carefully and decide where metal needs to come off. Go slowly, fit and try, keep going until the parts mate easily and lock up snugly, but come apart as needed. I think this is addressed in the instructions for the CVA kits.

To put a positive spin on it, this way you can get it right... Solid lockup with easy disassembly.

Were you able to find a set of instructions?

Good luck with it! I'm sure you'll get a nice pistol out of this!

Notchy Bob

Some fitting and filing is required, and I believe this is to be expected with the CVA kits. Look the parts over carefully and decide where metal needs to come off. Go slowly, fit and try, keep going until the parts mate easily and lock up snugly, but come apart as needed. I think this is addressed in the instructions for the CVA kits.

To put a positive spin on it, this way you can get it right... Solid lockup with easy disassembly.

Were you able to find a set of instructions?

Good luck with it! I'm sure you'll get a nice pistol out of this!

Notchy Bob
I did find a set of instructions on ebay. It's in the mail now. Thanks I was just freaking out thinking if anything needs to be snug it's definitely this piece. I will wait for the instructions before I start. Haha. Just love this site and all of you out to help. Thanks again Notchy Bob and all others!

Back