• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

need help/advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooper1969

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I just acquired an Indiana hunter .50 Cal muzzleloader pistol. the guy said to shoot 2F powder through it. I have triple 7 50 grain pellets and 295 grain power belt bullets for my optima pro. my questions are: can I purchase the 2F powder in pellet form and can I shoot the power belt bullets through it? or, what are any recommendations for combo powder/bullet to shoot best through this pistol. Thank you for any help

I think you might be better served at modern muzzle loader forum. This is for traditional muzzle loader conversations, not in-lines.
Nit Wit

Welcome, from North Carolina! I am not familiar with an “Indiana Hunter” muzzleloading pistol. If it is a “traditional” style pistol, you might try the “Handguns” thread on this forum. If it is not, then I would agree with Nit Wit that www.modernmuzzleloader.com would be a better place to look. Power belts belong there, for sure. Good luck!

I just acquired an Indiana hunter .50 Cal muzzleloader pistol. the guy said to shoot 2F powder through it. I have triple 7 50 grain pellets and 295 grain power belt bullets for my optima pro. my questions are: can I purchase the 2F powder in pellet form and can I shoot the power belt bullets through it? or, what are any recommendations for combo powder/bullet to shoot best through this pistol. Thank you for any help
Welcome to the forum. If this is a sidelock pistol then ask your question in either the handgun forum or the general muzzleloading forum. True black powder comes in powder form and not pellets. Be sure to include the caliber, twist rate (if you know it) and any photos you might have. The guys on this forum are full of knowledge and can answer your question.

Back