• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need directions for uploading piks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have searched this forum and do not understand how to upload photos. I see the image icon on the post screen, but have no clue how to get my photo/photos to end up with a hyperlink. Not a newbie to shooting muzzleloaders, but photos a big yes
Thanks in advance
Flintlocklar

Larry, What photo hosting service are you using?

I use Flickr, and all you have to do is pull up the photo you want to post, click on the little curved arrow in the lower right hand corner of the screen, select the BBCODE option, pick the size you want, and then COPY that URL that displays. Paste it into your post. Done.

When I used Photobucket (Scumbucket as I call it now) it was the same process. Unless you pay them ransom, they won't show your pictures on another website anymore.

Spiekbuck,
I know nothing about photo hosting and or other sites about that process. That must be my major problem.
Thanks
Flintlocklar

Took me a bit to figure out the photo hosting thing too. And it took me a while before I talked myself into using one, for a lot of reasons. But finally my need to enhance/explain questions outward my concerns about it and I took the leap. It is a little time consuming, especially at first, uploading your pics to a photo hosting website. I was using "scumbucket" but when they decided to screw us over I switched to imgur.com as I don't like the way pics look on a forum when hosted by imgbb, or whatever it's called.

Basically open an account at a photo hosting website, upload some pics you may want to use on a forum, and then open them in the website and edit them to the usable size (easier to do than explain in writing). When you want to post one find where you can right click and "copy" the imgbb and then right click and paste it where you want it in your forum post.

I find it easier to resize the pics when I upload them rather than waiting until I want to post that pic. Also, once you choose a hosting site I'm sure someone here using that site can help with more specifics about editing and finding the link to copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brokennock said:
I find it easier to resize the pics when I upload them rather than waiting until I want to post that pic.

It's one thing I like about Flickr...at the time you copy your BBCODE for the image, you get a dropdown menu with a selection of sizes to choose from. Just click the size you want from the list, then click on the BBCODE option, copy and paste into your post. This allows you to have ONE size on Flickr while having a choice of what size you wish to post.

Of course with the limitation we are now experiencing here with image size, it's not as effective as it once was. Wish we could have the sizes we used to be able to post here. For some reason the sizing went bezerk when the new forum upgrade happened and pictures of any size were posting so huge they went way off screen. It seems to correct that, we've been severely restricted in posting size. :idunno:

Anyone who has a Yahoo mail account is already on Flickr since Yahoo owns them and uses the same ID and Password to access both.
https://www.flickr.com/

Link above will take you in. If you don't have an account, click on Sign Up. Once signed up, log in and in the upper RH corner you'll see a little white cloud with a black arrow in it. Click on that and it will give you a drag and drop option or the old upload option. On the latter, when you click on that option it will open your pictures on your laptop. Double click on a picture and it will upload. If you want more than one, single click, then hold down the CTRL button and single click the next and so on. On the final picture, double click. It bring you to a screen that shows the pics you selected and you can do some limited editing, select the security you want on the pic (from public to no one can view it) then upload. Done.

Flickr is free with up to 1 TERABYTE of storage...which is more pictures than I'll post in a lifetime. I have something like 1000 pictures in it now and I'm still

Last edited by a moderator:
Back