• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Need an I.D.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macr0w

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I just bought this from an old friend of mine who was needing some money. I gave him $250 for it. I may have over paid a little bit but it went to a good cause.
Plus it's pretty cool. Fully functional and I like it.
He told me it was a Uberti and that he's had it since the mid 1980's.
It's obviously a replica of an 1858 Remington New Army c&b revolver.
But, I'm not sure it is a Uberti.
Can any of you ID this thing?
Thanks in advance. :)

IMG_20210802_081053686.jpg
IMG_20210802_081109414.jpg
IMG_20210802_081214085.jpg
IMG_20210802_081332069.jpg
IMG_20210802_081413672.jpg
IMG_20210802_081443049.jpg
IMG_20210802_081907949.jpg
IMG_20210802_082340796.jpg

Was $250.00 too much to pay for an old replica from a defunct company? 😄

The company of Aldo Uberti is owned by Beretta Holdings. It is a company in its own right, with no connections with any other black powder-era firearms manufacturing concern. Here in UK this revolver, in this condition, might fetch as much as the equivalent of $200, but only if it had a bunch of stuff with it, like a mould et al.

It is pretty dire, TBH.

Was $250.00 too much to pay for an old replica from a defunct company? 😄

Euroarms is still around. They made pretty good stuff back in the 1970's and 1980's.

A Pietta version is $316.00 from Cabela's, not including the gas to and from the store for me, since they are in-store purchase only. PLUS you saved a friend his self-respect, so not a bad price at all.

Cylinder finish is a bit beat up, BUT I'd take off the blue with Evaporust or 50/50 molasses and water, then I'd do a controlled rust and polish it back, so it'd look a lot more like an old original. It also would eliminate any rust in the chambers or barrel interior.

LD

Well, right now it seems like none of the retailers have any in stock in store or online.
I looked around a little bit.

I think under current market conditions the price is reasonable. Maybe a little high for the condition I see in the pictures. But as you say, funds were for a good purpose. You have to feel good about that.

More than I woulda paid considering the condition. But, to help a friend I might've bought it.

IMHO, the bottom line is clean it up, check it out for functioning, then take it out and shoot it, does it load well, do the caps fit the nipples properly, is it in time (chambers to barrel when cocked), is it accurate (try different sized balls), and is it reliable (do the spent caps jam up the action) ?
If you can answer those questions in a positive way, you got a good deal, if there are some minor issues, you still didn't overpay, try to find a decent handgun for $250.00 anywhere right now, just get on U-tube and watch the how to videos, those guns are not complicated, while getting to know your gun you'll be fixing and bugs it might have, and you'll feel better about yourself and what you've learned.
If you keep a positive attitude it can be a very rewarding, uncomplicated, and fun project.
It's a win/win no matter how you look at it. :thumb:

If it came with the holster you did okay. I have an older Arno San Marco and like the feel of it compared to my Piettas. All are 58 remmys. It shoots well.

If it was mine I would try to cold blue the cylinder to start and see how it hold up to use.

Back